Precision Quincyexists to design, engineer, and manufacture game changing thermal processing solutions that at the perfect fit for the needs of the industries we serve. We are relentlessly working to revolutionize what some would consider a mature industry. We seek 10x improvements in the areas of Performanceover Energyuse, Deliverytime, and Connectivity.
Electrical Controls Engineer
We are seeking a Electrical Engineer to join our Industrial Ovens Engineering department. Essential functions:
- Research, develop, and design industrial oven systems, meeting engineering standards, applicable codes, customer specifications, and within cost constraints.
- Review and interpret customer specifications and sales agreements.
- Work with customers and vendors on equipment design.
- Ensure conformance to codes and to company standards for performance, quality, and manufacturability.
- Develop and maintain design layouts in the computerized system.
- Redesign standard products, improving quality and productivity, while reducing costs.
- Evaluate and select components and parts for products.
- Develop working relationships with Mechanical Engineering and other departments to address and resolve issues.
- Act as a technical resource for sales personnel, service technicians, Quality Assurance technicians, and for product field support of customers.
- Participate in cross functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design, and quality problems, and to ensure the continuous improvement of processes and methods.
- Stay current and informed of new developments in industry and new parts or methods to improve products or product designs.
- Occasionally travel to customer sites.
- Comply with all housekeeping procedures, quality standards, and safety regulations.
- Complete special projects, as assigned
- BSEE degree
- Working knowledge of CAD Software
- Basic proficiency with AutoCAD & Microsoft packages
- High Interest in Controls and PLC programming
- Self-starter, Highly Motivated
- Good communication skills - written and verbal are required
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to interface productively with peer teams and departments
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- South Beloit, IL (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts