The OSU Engineer will act as lead broadcast engineer for OSU Athletics and is responsible for the organization, maintenance, and repair of all broadcast and scoring equipment within Orange Power Studios (OPS) and OSU Athletics. The position works closely with athletics and university staff, Daktronics, broadcast vendors, and external television and radio personnel. The position will ensure the successful maintenance and set up of all broadcast equipment and scoring elements for OSU Athletics.
Work schedule includes nights, weekends and holidays coinciding with OSU Events and various deadlines. Must often work nights, weekends, and holidays to fulfill assigned duties.
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application consists of a resume, cover letter, list of professional references and completed IAWP Employment Approval Form which can be found at okstate.com/iawp. Applicants that do not provide all of these materials will not be considered for the position.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or a related field
Two years experience in broadcast/control room setting for live events.Or 5 years experience can be used in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Understanding of control room systems (Router, Switcher, Graphic Systems, servers, etc)
- Understanding of networking and IP address management.
- Skilled in installing various types of hardware and terminating various types of cable.
- Familiarity with a wide range of broadcast equipment.
- Able to handle multiple assignments in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays coinciding with OSU Athletic events throughout the year.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism, related field with Radio/Television/Film components
- Five years experience in broadcast/control room setting for live events.
- Strong understanding of control room systems (Router, Switcher, Graphic Systems, servers, etc)
- Working knowledge of Ross switchers, Evertz routers, Reidel Intercom, Fiber Optics cabling, and Abakas Replay systems.
- Strong understanding of networking and IP address management.
- Working knowledge of audio systems from both an engineering and production standpoint.
- Experience with Daktronics hardware and software.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations,OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.