We're looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with AWS and Linux experience, who understands and believes in the concept of infrastructure as code. This role will help us build, maintain, monitor and secure the AWS infrastructure that powers our customer facing products and internal proprietary applications. This role will develop and craft solutions to solve highly complex issues in a large scale, distributed system environment and over time will expand to managing and automating our DevOps infrastructure. You will use your awesome administrator expertise to help Ruby maximize our product and development uptime and security.
This opportunity operates out of our HQ in Downtown Portland and there are no relocation benefits available for this opening.
What You'll Be Accountable For
- Maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of infrastructure that supports our microservice-based technology stack, including both AWS and co-located services
- Measuring, monitoring and improving performance, uptime, cost effectiveness, stability and security of the distributed systems underlying Ruby customer facing and proprietary applications
- Collaborating across Architecture, Infrastructure, Engineering and BI teams to streamline and scale building and shipping software through improved tooling, automation, and communication
- Writing code that defines and provisions cloud infrastructure in reusable, modular building blocks
- Designing automation and processes that reduce work and speed development, with a focus on security and compliance
- Maximizing system uptime and availability, ensuring functional and performance SLAs.
- Establishing end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical aspects of production AWS and Linux infrastructure.
- Solving complex problems for critical services and building automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Influencing architecture and standards for production and development environments.
- At least 2 years of professional experience managing a variety of Linux, open-source and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Strong experience managing, securing and scaling various AWS services such as EC2, ECS & Fargate, RDS, S3 and VPC.
- Strong experience with Ubuntu, and managing RabbitMQ, Redis, and Consul
- Experience supporting DNS, NGINX, HAProxy, etc
- Database management experience a plus, especially MongoDB and MariaDB
- Some experience with logging and instrumentation
- DevOps experience a plus, including Puppet, Docker, Portainer and other CI/CD tools
- Experience working with and deploying .NET and .Net Core applications a plus
- Fluent in at least one scripting language (Shell, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to constantly learn – and share – new knowledge
Life at Ruby
From generous benefits and considerable paid time off to our weekly Not-So-Casual Fashion Fridays, we take every opportunity to WOW our employees. We provide a standout employee experience, value work-life balance, and are constantly thinking of ways to make our employees feel happy, valued, and rewarded.
Ruby Receptionists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!