Mechanical Engineer (2 Year Term) - Saskatoon, SK
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Perform conceptual and detailed mechanical engineering design activities for the existing and new operations in Uranium Mining/Milling facilities
- Prepare equipment specifications, data sheets and tender documents for procurement of equipment including expediting orders to facilitate installation and construction
- Ensure mechanical/piping systems meet technical specifications, adherence to industry and internal standards, and that required regulatory and QA/QC requirements are met through design activities, design review and field commissioning execution
- Support construction activities by witnessing hydrotesting, verifying field progress and review of turnover documentation
- Develop and execute commissioning plans to verify asset integrity and functionality
- Coordinate information requests during fabrication and construction and participate in shop and site visits as necessary to ensure acceptance of approved design and compliance with codes and schedule
- Provide mechanical technical support to other Orano Canada departments as required
- Other duties as requested by the Senior Mechanical Engineer
Education and Experience for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with APEGSA minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical system design, construction, commissioning and/or analysis
Skills required for the position include
- Good understanding of process and slurry piping design as well as tank design
- Good working knowledge of mechanical process equipment selection including pumps, compressors, heat exchangers etc.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability interact in a team environment, as well as working independently
- Ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with other departments within the company
- Co-ordinate activities, information, materials or resources within own area of responsibility to meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge of the ASME B31.3 and BPVC Section VIII Codes would be considered an asset
Work Location & Schedule:
- Travel to Orano northern mine or project sites is required including multiple week missions at the McClean Lake Operation in Northern Saskatchewan
The safety of our employees and candidates is a top priority at Orano. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, the working location and/or schedule as advertised may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health and safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at the screening and interview stage.
As a condition of employment the successful candidate must complete Orano’s pre-employment checks including education verification and employment reference checks.
Drug (including marijuana) and alcohol substance testing is a requirement for all Safety Sensitive positions. Applicants who have recently used marijuana recreationally may not pass a substance test as marijuana can remain in the user’s system for as many as 30 days after use.
Orano is an equal opportunity employer. We value the knowledge, experience and cultures and commit to the advancement of Indigenous Peoples, Women, Visible Minorities and People with Disabilities and strongly encourage all candidates from these designated groups to apply for our career opportunities.
Applicants are kindly requested to submit a cover letter along with their resume and apply online at www.oranocanada.com
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $90,043.00-$112,554.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Are you registered or eligible to register as a P. Eng with APEGS?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)