Brycon is now looking for an experienced career-minded BIM Modeler to join our growing construction team.
This position will work closely with our Project Management and Construction team and utilize their BIM/Virtual Design experience to compose and revise shop drawings for Brycon jobsites.
BRYCON is one of the Southwest's largest specialty general contractors with offices in New Mexico, Arizona, and Nevada. Since 1990 we have proudly completed thousands of projects in the advanced technology, manufacturing, industrial, cleanroom, healthcare, education and general office build-out industries, making us a trusted partner, brand, and employer.
We continuously seek individuals who want to invest in themselves and their teammates.
- Chandler, AZ – Jobsite Office
- Monday through Friday, 7:00AM-4:00PM
- Use Building Information Modeling (BIM) to perform drawing work tasked.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of accurate drafting methods, layering, X-References, dimensioning, model space/paper space, viewports, and scaling.
- Use basic Revit MEP tools, such as the Project Browser, Properties, Type Selector, Conduit and Cable Tray; and insert a variety of family types. Understand creating parts of families/libraries and manipulating of parameters and schedules.
- Produce revised shop drawing within one week upon receiving redlined drawing.
- Produce shop drawings as per detail given by engineer/manager.
- Coordinate and monitor shop drawing submission schedule.
- Report to the manager/engineer in charge and perform work task assigned.
- Monitor modeling/update drawing/inform Project Manager if there are any changes.
- Liaise with architects.
- Input finishing with more details (if any).
- Monitor/check for model clashes.
- Update models to reflect as-built-conditions.
Experience, Skillset, & Educational Requirements
- 3 - 5+ years of experience in BIM/VDC design and construction coordination
- Bachelors or Associates degree in relevant field a preferred, but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficient in Revit Archi, MEP, AutoCAD, and FabMEP for drawing.
- Knowledgeable in Navis to coordinate models.
- Skilled in reading Architectural and Structural drawings and details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detail-orientated, reliable team player with the ability to work in multiple projects while consistently producing quality results and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in both team settings as well as independently.
- Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills.
- Capable of taking the lead in importing different trade files and performing clash detection.
- Self-motivated with problem solving skills to identify issues and execute solutions.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software and adapt/define new strategies.
- Autonomous capability and professionalism.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and ten-year background check.
- Reliable transportation and valid Driver’s License.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive and top-market wages
- Safety bonuses
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Progressive leadership
- Continuous training opportunities
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Personal Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Life and accidental death insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Education tuition reimbursement
- Gym membership reimbursement
- And much more
Apply now at https//: www.brycon.com/careers
Brycon EEO Statement: Brycon does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $33.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Chandler, AZ 85248 (Required)
- Revit: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Navis: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place