Mixed Signal Engineer
(Digital Design, Analog Design, Board Level Design)
This exciting and challenging hardware engineering position is in Lafayette, Colorado. Insight Photonic Solutions (SweptLaser.com) is a 12-year-old technology-leading company that has brought a revolutionary all-semiconductor swept laser light source to market. This laser is helping to enable new technologies, including a 3D imaging method called optical coherence tomography (OCT) with both medical and industrial applications; fiber sensing applications that monitor airplane subsystem safety and performance; and spectroscopy applications that non-invasively measure the volatility of oil and gas. Insight has proven this revolutionary laser technology for the rapidly emerging self-driving automobile market by making possible a coherent LiDAR sensor that substantially outperforms existing technologies and products.
This opening is for a multi-talented digital engineer who is looking to join a small team and make a difference in developing our next generation hardware. The successful candidate will enjoy a fast-paced work environment, have a natural curiosity to find solutions and enjoy being challenged every day.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Successful experience with board level digital design including FPGA architectures
- Capable of developing analog designs for high-speed signal conditioning, power design, low-noise front ends, etc., with supervision
- Expertise bringing up and debugging sophisticated digital and analog designs
- Talent interfacing GS/s ADC’s and DAC’s, clock chips, high-speed Ethernet interfaces, etc.
- Either a BSEE or MSEE or equivalent with 5+ years of experience
- The ability to work together with other engineers to solve multi-disciplinary design problems
Other valuable skills can include:
- Understands layout standards for 100 MHz to multi GHz
- Familiar with a broad range of test instrumentation
- Thoroughly understands analog, digital components, and selection
What is in it for you?
- Office in Lafayette, Colorado with a host of nearby amenities
- A stress relieving counter commute from North Denver, Thornton, Arvada, Westminster, Broomfield, Erie, Boulder, Longmont
- Great health insurance benefits (medical and dental)
- Stock options in a company that has already seen its share price rise significantly
- Market competitive pay practices
- Generous 401k matching
- Paid time off and holidays
- Work with great and talented teammates
- An opportunity to deliver revolutionary products that can make life safer and better
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off