LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and has been voted a Top Workplace for the last six years. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North and South Carolina, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial study to determine a project's feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between.
We currently are looking for qualified candidates in our Cleveland, OH office location to work on Energy projects for our Building Engineering Division. LaBella's Building Engineering Departments provides our employees a collaborative, professional working environment, allowing for personal growth and responsibility on a variety of significant projects that serve our target markets.
The Energy engineer will work with other engineers and project managers as part of a project team to support the development of concepts, strategies, designs, drawings, specifications and reports for new Building and Renovation projects with an Energy focus. Job duties will include:
- Perform energy audits and feasibility studies to identify Energy Conservation Measures.
- Complete utility data analysis and evaluation of energy usage.
- Perform basic energy savings calculations, making educated assumptions when applicable and using / interpreting data gathered from the field to estimate savings.
- Develop design concepts in technical documentation. May assist with design projects as required.
- Able to interpret complex plans and specifications and apply available information to ensure that all project design requirements are satisfied.
- Conduct on-site investigation and inspection of multi-discipline projects.
- Takes a lead role in resolving construction problems, procedures, and methods.
- Maintain familiarity with appropriate engineering and construction codes.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant job experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Obtained or in pursuit of a NYS PE License.
- Energy certifications from industry organizations is a plus (CEM, CBCP, BCxP, BEAP, etc.)
- Functional working knowledge of M/E/P/FP, building automation systems as well as system design and construction processes.
- Proficient with building modeling software programs.
- Experience in AutoCAD and/or Revit is preferred.
The offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon a satisfactory criminal background check.
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events