Design and develop software and networking solutions for all product lines. Provide necessary designs and documentation to release detail drawings and bills of material for job order release in a timely manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop PLC and HMI (Human Machine Interface) programs for PLC control of electrical-powered or hydraulically-powered equipment.
2. Interface software controls with ECM (Electronic Control Modules) for diesel engines and telematics systems.
3. Coordinate activities to complete design projects in required time. Maintain effective communication and interchange of information within Company and outside suppliers.
4. Support Service Department with technical assistance.
5. Provide assistance and information relative to manufacturing techniques, tooling requirements, and shop floor problems.
6. Assist in obtaining sources for purchased products.
7. Assist in testing activities.
8. Maintain up-to-date on engineering technology, industry trends, and product design innovations.
1. Two-year Associate’s Degree or Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in a related area from an accredited technical institute.
2. Knowledge of PLC and HMI software. Siemens TIA Portal and/or CodeSys preferred.
3. Knowledge of Ethernet networking systems and protocols preferred.
4. Ability to operate necessary office equipment and tools to perform engineering functions using CAD systems and 3-D software.
5. Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the electrical programming field.
1. Ability to operate necessary office equipment and tools to perform engineering functions which include CAD systems and PLC/HMI programming software.
2. Ability to travel by air and land.
3. Ability to perform duties in environments which include heavy industrial setting, quarry/pit locations, and construction sites with associated air pollutants and noise levels.
4. Ability to climb on equipment, etc. to inspect, troubleshoot, or gather design information.
5. Ability to work well with others and demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location