Job Title: Staff Engineer
Why join our team?
Tidewater Utilities, Inc. has been Delaware’s premiere water company since 1964. We have created a work environment that promotes professional development and finding your passion. We understand the importance of our services and the individuals who uphold our reputation.
Joining our team means that you have a multitude of benefits that support you in and out of the workplace such as- full medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401k, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, and more. To learn more, please visit www.middlesexwater.com/tidewater-utilities
- Assist Project Engineer in preparing scope, scheduling, and budget for all capital construction and engineering projects.
- Prepare engineering, construction, and contract documents for capital construction and engineering projects.
- Perform project site surveys and other fieldwork as required including utilizing GPS unit.
- Prepare capital construction work orders and purchase orders.
- Prepare regulatory permit application and submittals.
- Prepare engineering design or review in accordance with Tidewater’s specifications and all applicable regulations.
- Prepare required regulatory reports.
- Create and edit GIS data using ESRI software.
- Integrate GPS data with GIS.
- Perform hydraulic modeling functions and integration with GIS.
- Provide technical support to Operations and Customer Service Department.
- Prepare weekly timesheets distributing labor to appropriate job and cost codes.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related scientific field from an accredited college or university.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Engineer in Training (EIT or FE) certification preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction principles and practices.
- Familiar with the interpretation or application of local, state, and federal laws/regulations.
- Knowledge of computer based word processing, spreadsheet, database, drawing and modeling applications including ESRI and Water Gems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Retrieve and file documents.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work outdoors in various climatic conditions.
- Work emphasizes visual acuity, hearing, and speech.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States.
Middlesex Water Company and its' subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must be able to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, and have a valid driver’s license.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for the position, or are currently employed by Tidewater Utilities, Inc. will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Driver's License (Required)
- Engineer In Training (EIT) (Preferred)
- FE (Preferred)
- What is your desired hourly rate? (Response Required)
Company's Facebook page: