Operates & maintains all plant operations equipment including all boilers, chillers, & HVAC systems. Operates & maintains all auxiliary equipment necessary to the operation of the medical center & all outlying clinics, such as pumps, motors, & compressors. Operates all machines & equipment vital to performing of maintenance & repair. Performs water treatment analysis & makes all adjustments as necessary.
- Operates, maintains, inspects, & performs repairs & mechanical alterations to manual & automatic gas & oil fired high pressure steam or high temperature hot water boilers
- Operates, maintains, inspects, & makes repairs to motors, steam reducing stations, expansion tanks, air compressors, supply & exhaust fans, pumps & valves, steam traps, water treatment systems, water heaters & related auxiliary equipment
- Adjusts, maintains & tests boiler & air conditioning/refrigeration machinery, & all mechanical, electrical or pneumatic control instruments
- Maintains safety devices & makes adjustments as necessary
- Performs electrical repairs such as bed lamps, non-complex electrical devices, changing ballast's, & repairs electrical line cords, fixing light switches, isolating electrical problems & replacing fuses
- Conducts electrical safety tests on equipment, electrical plugs & outlets
- Adds chemicals & makes appropriate adjustments as dictated by control parameters
- Unclogs pipes & plumbing fixtures & related equipment as necessary
- Determines type & extent of equipment malfunction, adjusting, disassembling, repairing or replacing of parts & components; reassembles & test equipment for safe & proper operation
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, single line diagram & repair manuals
- Performs preventative maintenance to include cleaning, oiling, painting, calibration & other related duties to extend the life cycle of equipment, or to maintain a clean, safe, hygienic environmental work area
- Observes, takes readings, evaluates gauges & meters determining operating conditions, regulating equipment to control the operations in accordance w/ the needs of the medical center & all outlying clinics, existing state codes & safety standards
- Cleans or oversees the cleaning of boilers & their associated machinery & equipment to include water towers, DA tanks
- Isolates electrical problems related to plant industrial equipment & makes repairs as necessary
- Repairs & maintains air conditioning & refrigeration equipment to include related electrical circuit analysis
- Troubleshoots & repairs related equipment to include but not limited to thermostats, ice machines, humidifiers, air dampers & other related or associated equipment
- Repair or modify equipment of plant structures by welding using both electrical or oxygen-acetylene equipment, cuts brazes & solders all types of metal materials
- Maintains logs of all plant operations, HVAC systems & records maintenance repairs of alterations to equipment
- Performs various maintenance tasks such as replacing filters, lubricating bearings & repairing cabinets
- Repairs complex electrical devices & components requiring the use of schematic & wiring diagrams
- Performs circuit analysis to localize, isolate & identify defective electrical components using precision test equipment to replace or repair defective components, restoring equipment to an operational state & performing calibration & electrical safety tests
- Four (4) years of experience in building plant operations & maintenance preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Must have EPA Rule 608 Universal Certification.
- This position requires meeting three (3) of the following skill levels: 1) for Fontana Medical Center - Possession of the LA Unlimited Steam Engineers license & EPA Rule 608 Universal certification and for Riverside Medical Center- Possession of the LA Unlimited Steam Engineers License or the 500 HP LA City Steam Engineers License & EPA Rule 608 Universal Certification 2) Passing score on the *air-conditioning maintenance knowledge test & associated performance test & 3) Passing score on the electrical maintenance knowledge test & associated performance test
- Extensive knowledge of Central Plant, HVAC & electrical related equipment & systems, ability to trouble shoot electrical & mechanical systems required
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state & local codes required
- *Those qualifying w/ refrigeration experience must possess EPA Rule 608 Universal Certification
California,Riverside,Riverside Medical Center 10800 Magnolia Ave.
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Su
Job Schedule :
Job Type :
Employee Status :
Employee Group/Union Affiliation :
USWA - Local 7600
Job Level :
Job Category :
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.