American Health Tech , a wholly-owned subsidiary of CPSI , a growing software technology company, is searching for a Software Engineer to join our Ridgeland, MS team.
At American Healthtech you will be a part of a team of experienced IT professionals tasked with creating applications and products to support the Long Term Care Facilities. Leveraging an Agile development methodology that provides the ability to react to ever changing Regulatory and Market requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with Business Analysts, Software Engineers and Quality Analysts to implement market requirements and functional specifications
- Ensure that the modified and/or newly created application components interact appropriately
- Test case creation, execution, and data validity testing
- Participate in quality reviews and ensure traceability of the application design changes to the requirements
- Analyze and design enhancements and fixes to application code
- Design and code applications in accordance with functional and technical programming standards
- Complete all appropriate technical documentation required to maintain the application
- Create a collaborative environment with other team members to ensure the team's overall effectiveness
- Identify and communicate potential risks and roadblocks
- Follow change control procedures
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering, Software Engineering, or related technical field
- At least 4 - 7+ years of experience with development of client server applications
- At least 4-7+ years of experience with development of VB.NET, VB6, and SQL Server
- At least 1 year of C# development experience
- Knowledge and experience with .NET MVC and web-based development
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow through on issues to resolution.
- Must be able to act both independently and as a team member.
- Application development experience with healthcare based applications.
- Experience with developing enterprise level web-based based application using n-tier architectural principles.
- Experience with modern techniques such as Responsive web design, SPA (Single Page Architecture), Dependency Injection and IOC (Inversion Of Control) and Design Patterns.
- Experience with SQL Server and Entity Framework 4 or greater.
- Experience using agile development techniques and scrum development processes.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Engineering: 4 years (Required)