Region: Americas – TEXAS
Reports to the Plant Manager
Job dimensions (Scope and Responsibility)
- Capital project engineering for the site, including buildings, facilities and process equipment
- Scope, design, construct and install capital projects according to all applicable codes, construction, safety and environmental standards
- Provide engineering support for Management of Change of buildings, facilities and process equipment
- Manage and report capital project spending budget to forecast
- Manage and report project work time budget to forecast
- Work with plant and BU project teams to support initiatives with capital project engineering
- Lead and/or be part of team based capital projects with plant operations, process engineering, finance, quality, supply management and EHS functions.
- Manage projects following COMPANY procedures and stage gate methodology and tools
- Provide regular communications on status of projects
- Provide cost estimates for capital project planning process
- Coordinate with plant maintenance on equipment best-practice maintenance and repairs
- Provide cost justification analysis and definition for Authorization of Expenditures
- Take part in drafting and updating internal equipment and construction standards.
- Taking part in the evaluation and selection of equipment vendors and contractors for projects.
- Create and validate process P&ID’s
- Take part in Process Hazard Analysis as necessary
- Conduct project commissioning
- Facilitate training of operations and maintenance teams on process and equipment projects
- Some assistance to departments in throughput enhancements and efficiency improvements
- Occasional trouble-shooting support for production issues
- Practice safe work habits in accordance with OSHA, EPA and COMPANY EHS guidelines and expectations
Context and environment
- A fast paced, high pressure environment where you are involved in a wide variety of functions and activities.
- You will participate in activities within the plant and occasionally outside the plant.
- Travel is not normally required, but may include travelling to vendors for equipment design and assessment.
- Heavy use of computer software, both PC based and enterprise system, combined with frequent interpersonal communication.
- Expectation is that a good portion of your time will be spent on the floor.
- Continuous improvement of equipment reliability and user knowledge to meet plant and business objectives.
- Work with all functions of the plant and outside the plant to achieve results.
Qualifications / experience required
- B.S. Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with chemical industry experience, advance degree a plus
- 7+ years of project engineering experience in chemical manufacturing plant environment. Experience managing projects > $3M.
- Understand the application of general chemical plant mfg standards such as OSHA, NFPA, NEC, API, ASME, etc
- Demonstrated proficiency in executing in a Process Safety Management manufacturing operation.
- Demonstrated experience with a highly developed Environmental, Health and Safety Program.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment, be well organized, take initiative, and be flexible to facilitate resolution of complex issues.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities is required. Must be able to drive results and work effectively in a team setting
- Strong computer skills, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, PLC ladder logic
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Project Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Capital Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)