Registered Structural Engineer – Plans Reviewer
SHELADIA Associates, Inc. is an award –winning, multi-disciplinary A&E firm with areputation for excellence in Structures and Facilities, Transportation Infrastructure,Energy, Rural Development, and Water Resources & Sanitation. Founded in 1974, weprovide professional services on a wide variety of projects at the local and state level aswell as having a strong presence in the private sector throughout the WashingtonMetropolitan area. We have most recently won commissions for World Bank facilitydesign in Laos and Afghanistan. We also have a specialized Building Analytics grouplocated in Largo Md.
We are currently seeking an energetic, highly motivated, and detailed-oriented,Registered Structural Engineer for Third Party Plan Review services for PrinceGeorges County and others. We act as design advisors, QAQC consultants and codereviewers. We review the work of other designers on large work scales. This exposureis rare in our industry and facilitates the development of our Domestic Design initiative.
- 10+ years of structural engineering experience in commercial work.
- Candidate must be familiar with all codes.
- Bachelor degree in Structural Engineering is required.
- Maryland PE Certification is required.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Structural Engineer/Reviewer must become certified by Prince George’s CountyDPIE as a Peer Reviewer.
- Structural Engineer/Reviewer is responsible for overseeing the review of allfoundation and structural designs.
- Reviews require evaluating engineering criteria, standard drawings, andcalculations related to structural systems. .
- Reviews require intensive coordination efforts with other disciplines, primarilymechanical, electrical, architectural, and fire protection.
- Reviewers must be familiar with industry codes and standards affecting designwork in designated discipline.
- Reviewers must be able to interface/communicate with clients and attendmeetings as requiredFor those also interested in the evolving Domestic Design Program
- Candidates should be able to prepare and present accurate engineering systemsreports, systems analysis and design narratives.
- Candidates should be able to prepare thorough design schematics in a team setting and evaluate structural engineering design proposals in concertwith building design concepts.
- Candidates should be able to prepare construction documents and develop otherstaff members in the pursuit of coordinated design.
- Candidates should be able to conduct field inspections and posts occupancyreviews on completed project to collect data and evaluate the success of thedesign and construction.Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a teamenvironment. * Highly organized and efficient.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced engineering review or production environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
*DUE TO THE NATURE OF WORK CANDIDATES MUST BE A US CITIZEN ORPERMANENT RESIDENT*
Job Type: Full-time
- Structural Engineering codes: 5 years (Preferred)
- structural engineering: 10 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (PE) (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused