GENERAL DUTIES (not all inclusive):
- Performs preventive maintenance on primary Power Plant generators and various emergency generators.
- Performs on-site troubleshooting, repairs and overhauls of generator engines.
- Responds to station power outages and equipment failures as required.
- Willingness to carry a radio or pager for after hours call outs
- Completes maintenance records and documents all maintenance performed and maintains operating logbooks and databases as required.
- Schedules diesel engine/generator operations in order to maintain a 3000-hour spread between engines.
- Operates Power Plant equipment in an efficient and economical manner.
- Coordinates with the Power &Water Supervisor in ordering repair and/or spare parts, maintenance parts, assemblies and consumables.
- Maintains control of plant tools, manuals, repair parts, assemblies and consumables. Maintains inventory accuracy at 98% or better.
- Ability to work alone or within a team depending on situation.
- Trains Power Plant Operator’s on mechanical equipment as directed.
- Ability to cover Power Plant Operator shift / rounds as required.
- Advises the Power & Water Supervisor of the status of power production equipment and systems.
- High school graduate or GED is required.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience required in diesel powered generators, marine diesel engines, or industrial diesel engines.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices applied in the maintenance and repair of diesel electric generating equipment is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, hazards, and safety precautions related to diesel engines and diesel engine driven electric generators is required.
- Previous mechanical experience on 1MW and larger diesel engine/generators is highly preferred.
- Previous Field Service experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with Caterpillar documentation and software (ET, SIS) is preferred
- Working comprehension of electrical distribution, control panels and medium voltage switchgear is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Training, certification or experience on Caterpillar 3500 / 3600 series engines is preferred
- Experience working with remote field generators is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods is required.
- Must successfully complete the physical, dental and psychological (if applicable) examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica.
- US citizenship or Permanent US Resident status is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $1,400.00 to $1,600.00 /week