About MSHS Metalock Engineering, Inc.
Motor-Services Hugo Stamp (MSHS) and Metalock Engineering Germany GmbH's (MEG) joint venture MSHS Metalock Engineering USA (MME) has been created to strengthen the MSHS offering of diesel engine services with specialized On Site Crankshaft Journal Machining Repair for the Marine and Stationary power markets. General On Site Machining such as Flange Facing, Drilling and Line Boring of engine main journal bores, wear and tear to rudder bores or emergency situations are offered globally.
About Motor-Services Hugo Stamp, Inc.
Founded in 1983 MSHS provides turnkey solutions for the maritime and stationary power industries. Pursuit of engineering, service excellence and commitment to customer service has enabled MSHS to establish relationships with customers worldwide. MSHS continually meets customers´ requirements through the rapid delivery of solutions‚ and competitive pricing. MSHS has dynamically established a strategy for continuous reinvestment in resources and infrastructure. This constant drive for modernization has enabled the company to maintain consistent competitive advantages in the maritime industry.
About Metalock Engineering GmbH
Since 1952, Metalock Engineering Germany GmbH has been active in the fields of 2- and 4-stroke Crankshaft journal repairs, mechanical machining, welding, METALOCK/MASTERLOCK repairs and overhauling production machinery used both in the industry, offshore and or shipping. With around 210 employees, Metalock Engineering Germany GmbH is the largest company in the MIDROC Metalock Group; being part of this Group provides cooperation with network of experts worldwide. Metalock Engineering Germany GmbH operates internationally from its headquarters near Hamburg,Germany, and is supported by branches throughout Germany. Metalock Engineering Germany GmbH develops machines in-house which are continually optimized for exclusive use of Metalock applications
MSHS Metalock Engineering Inc. (MME) has a vacancy in Fort Lauderdale, FL for a Machining Engineer
OSM Mechanical Engineer
(Reference # MSHSOSMME031015)
As On-site Machining Engineer for Maritime and Stationary based 2 and 4 stroke Diesel engines you are required to follow the instructions and guidance from MME Management to carry out On Site Crankshaft repair responsibilities by engineering and designing specialized On-Site Machining tools to perform repair processes on your own anywhere in the world. Work to be executed in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including operating and maintaining and to design by engineering specialized all necessary On-Site Machining equipment for jobs requested by MSHS customers and to work with MME workshop, lathe, milling, horizontal milling and grinding machinery tools.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Position minimum Requirements:
- To measure, examine, and test complete 2 and 4 stroke Marine and Stationary Diesel Engine Crankshaft journals to detect defects and ensure conformance to OEM specifications;
- Assesses 2 and 4 stroke Crankshaft Journals Geometrical by Metric outside micrometer, crack testing by Magnaflux, hardness testing, roughness measurement, full report;
- Detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance before and during the On-Site Machining repairs and adjust and customize by engineering the used/needed On Site machining tooling as deemed necessary;
- Operate and adapt by engineering the various types of On Site machining tools to perform the On-Site progressive machining processes. Calculate Metrical dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of Metric mathematics and Geometrical measurement instruments;
- Select, align, design, and secure holding fixtures, various On-Site Machining tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines;
- Assembles, repairs, and fabricates metal parts by operating mechanical equipment and tools;
- Assembles parts into sub-units and or complete units;
- Uses blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product for most of the time in Metric;
- Maintains all On Site Machinery after use;
- Prepares testing and packing of all necessary on site special tooling needed for a crankshaft repair job;
- Prepares by engineering, adapt, designing tools, consumables and materials;
- Prepares jobs including field/shop service execution;
- Executes machining works onboard vessels and power stations and or Industry all around the world;
- Maintains work space and tools clean and organized;
- Supervise in workflow and improvement of same;
- Performs other duties as required by management;
- School - A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and minimum of eight (8) years related work experience or minimum ten (10) years related work experience with On Site crankshaft machining tooling and other On-Site Machining tools used for, Line boring, Flange facing, Drilling, Tapping and their related cutting speeds;
- Knowledge of related diesel engines 2 and 4 stroke type;
- Travel – A valid driver’s license and passport are required and able to travel around the world for periods of time
- Design – has knowledge in reading technical drawings in metric and sometimes standard measurements
- Equipment – Capable to safely operate lathe, milling, horizontal milling and grinding machines. Knowledge of welding and brazing procedures, Metric measuring tools; Able to safely operate lathe, milling, drilling grinding and earlier mentioned On-Site machining tools basic knowledge of welding and brazing procedures.
- Computers and Electronics - knowledge of computer hardware and the standard Microsoft software like Word, Excel, Outlook
- Safety - has knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, and safety procedures acquainted with machining processes
MSHS Metalock Engineering Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed based on competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Therefore, we encourage all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
MSHS Metalock Engineering Inc., is a Drug-Free Workplace.