Churchill Consulting Engineers has built an outstanding reputation as a local engineering and surveying firm that delivers large-scale planning, design, surveying, permitting and construction management services on a broad range of civil and environmental projects. The firm was founded over 40 years ago, and since its inception has been committed to not merely meeting its client's needs, but exceeding them with both innovative and cost-effective solutions.
A consulting engineering firm is built on the education, capabilities, experience and integrity of its professional staff. Throughout its existence, Churchill has maintained a commitment to providing its clients with the highest possible level of staff qualifications. Moreover, Churchill is equally committed to consistently utilizing the best available technologies for all of its work, so that its clients can share in the benefits of technological advances in productivity and precision.
Churchill Consulting Engineers is seeking an entry-level Structural Engineer to join our team working on projects for various local, state, regional agencies. Primary responsibilities will be assisting with bridge inspections, underwater bridge inspections, preparing bridge inspection reports, preparing a load rating calculations for structures, and bridge design. Candidate should be energetic, self-motivated and eager to learn under the direction of experienced professionals.
- Field inspections of existing bridges
- Preparation of a bridge inspection reports
- Preparing a load rating calculations for existing bridges
- Drafting of engineering plans and details
- Engineering calculations for bridge designs
- CADD drafting of structural engineering plans and details
- Preparation of technical reports, alternative analysis reports, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-3 years of experience in structural engineering
- Engineer-in-Training Certificate preferred, but not required
- Experience with Auto CADD or Microstation a plus
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Excellent computer skills are REQUIRED. Must be efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Churchill Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
Job Type: Full-time