1. Assist with plant design and development for new or existing projects. This includes, but is not limited to generator set design, general layouts and arrangements, enclosures, structural design, fuel, cooling and heating loops
2. Researching and analyzing requirements from various engineering standards, contracts and proposal documents
3. Help with evaluating risks and perform health, safety and risks analysis
4. Preparing engineering calculations and drawings– stress-strain, power transmission, and vibration
5. Collaborate with the project team in drafting specifications for fabrication, assembly and installation.
6. Applies principles of mechanics (static and dynamic), hydraulics, pneumatics, and materials.
7. Help with engineering analysis, including static and dynamic stresses, vibration, and thermal.
8. Work with project team to conduct bid and specification evaluations
9. Coordinating equipment contracts directly with equipment vendors
10. Act as technical coordinator for the customer’s project team
11. Attend meetings with customer’s project team. Prepare Minutes of meeting
12. Maintain engineering records and lists as required
13. Contributes to project installation, commissioning, project closure and inspections/reporting.
14. Participate in the following project tasks:
a. Project Kickoff
b. System Design/Procurement
f. Close-out Documentation
15. Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
16. Enforce MTU safety and ethics regulations at the project sites
17. Complete work according to standard engineering principles and practices
18. Promote a compliance culture in area of responsibility and live the letter and the spirit of the Global Code of Conduct.
19. Perform special projects as required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering and 3 years application engineering experience.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
3. Proficiency in AutoCAD and ProE/Creo and SolidWorks (or equivalent drafting/modeling software)
4. Proficiency in MS Project
5. Basic knowledge about FEA or CFD Analysis
6. Basic knowledge of SAP MS5
7. Experience with prioritizing and completing multiple concurrent projects/tasks with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
8. Familiarity with reading and interpreting PID schematics, line diagrams, fan and pump curves and shop drawings
9. Verbal and written communication and presentation skills
10. Ability to interact with people from all levels of the company
11. Willingness to travel up to 25%
12. Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
13. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
14. Social Skills: Dependability, Versatility, Flexibility, and Team Work
1. GD&T experience preferred
2. Experience with Bluebeam Revu a plus
Job Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time