Electro Mark, Inc., is a leading electronic component manufacturers’ representative firm serving the upper Midwest. As an outside sales representative, you will leverage existing industry knowledge and relationships to identify and close large revenue opportunities for our highly recognizable electronic and electro-mechanical product lines. The products we sell are switches, relays, enclosures, power supplies, wireless modules and a variety of passive components. Please consider your personal experience selling these types of products to OEMs before applying.
Outside Sales Responsibilities:
- Creates a sales strategy to identify and target prospective opportunities. Executes on this strategy, manages the funnel to ensure progression through the sales cycle. Provide visibility and transparency of opportunities to all key stakeholders.
- Understands and maneuvers through politics associated with large companies. Adept at overcoming institutional barriers. Establishes personal rapport with potential and actual customers in engineering, purchasing and management positions. Skillfully interacts with decision-makers.
- Focuses on identifying and exploiting high return opportunities. Takes the initiative to work independently with a strategy in mind. Tenacious and comfortable with prospecting.
- Actively investigates customer needs through effective questioning and listening. Delivers clear, concise product knowledge in presentations and written communication. Uses social media to maintain and expand relationships.
- Maintain a broad technical understanding of all products offered by principals.
- Must be comfortable with cold calling and developing new business.
Outside Sales required skills and qualifications:
- Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Business Acumen, Presentation Skills, Written and Verbal Communication, Professionalism, Self-Starter
- Sales Engineer Experience and/or Education strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years proven B2B technical sales experience
- Experience in sales for a manufacturing company, distributor, or manufacturers’ representative
- Experience with various CRM software, Microsoft Office
- Business-to-business sales experience in a technical field strongly preferred
- Must have in-depth knowledge of our local distributors and strong relationships with key people.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $63,000.00 per year
- Electronics/Electrical: 3 years (Preferred)