Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At North America’s first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic to join our Maintenance and Engineering team.
- The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance and repair of Legacy Site Hospital infrastructure equipment and systems.
- Operates and maintains all mechanic equipment such as steam boilers, compressors, generators, air conditioning, H.V.A.C units and other related building equipment and systems.
- Inspects, installs, repairs, and replaces pipes, fittings, and maintains heating, water and drainage systems.
- Documents and records readings from equipment in the appropriate log book or data bank.
- Performs chemical tests on boilers, air conditioning, heating, water softeners, and applies chemicals as needed.
- Cleans and changes filters as required
- Performs routine repair duties in the kitchen, C.S.R, and Operating Room
- Performs routine duties in the mechanical rooms
- Performs Daily or Nightly rounds of equipment and systems and records readings on the Rounds Cards
- Cleans, lubricates, and checks belts, steam traps, and pumps
- Performs all maintenance duties throughout the Hospital after hours and on weekends when the Maintenance Department is closed
- Participates in all departmental training programs including but not limited to, Asbestos Awareness and Lock Out/Tag Out
- Ensures personal protective equipment is properly utilized and maintained
- Actively participates in all Hospital Codes (either tests or real) directly related to Engineering & Maintenance involvement.
Hours of work:
- Graduate of a trade or vocational school
- Graduate of a Building Operators Technicians course is preferred
- Fourth class stationary engineer is an asset
- Previous experience in a large institution working with HVAC, Med Gas, Life Safety systems, and other infrastructure equipment
- Ability to perform a variety of duties according to specific assignments
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with staff and patients
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
- Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instruction
Must be available to work all rotating shifts including weekends and holidays
Church and Finch Sites
$30.254 - $30.70 per hour
Interested applicants are required to submit an Application before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.