Summary Description: The Package Development Engineer will be responsible for managing a diverse set of projects with a focus on product and process innovation, quality, safety and effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop new packaging for Product launches with emphasis on Innovation, quality standards and cost effectiveness
- Facilitate and coordinate project activities to minimize project timelines
- Participate in cross-functional teams that include Marketing, Regulatory, Quality and Supply Chain
- Responsible for creating preliminary product cost estimates and Bill of Materials
- Create and issue component and finished goods specifications
- Initiate and support ongoing product sourcing and Cost of Goods reduction projects
- Foster close cooperative relationships with external suppliers and manufacturers
- Follow internal policies with particular emphasis on compliance to the company’s Quality System and external regulatory standards including ISO 13485 and FDA regulations
Responsibilities and Duties
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from accredited university or college in packaging and/or related field preferred
- 5+ years of packaging engineering experience with a consumer products organization
- Ability to lead technology exploration and provide technical advice to both internal and external associates
- Ability to identify, problem solve and interpret complex packaging engineering problems
- Capable of making sound technical decisions on a wide range of issues regarding both packaging and filling operations
- Knowledge of SAP, CAPE, TOPS, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AND SPONSORSHIP ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE.
Travel : 20% via car, plane, rail
Physical Demands : Ability to stand, sit, lift office materials (books, binders, boxes).
Work Environment : Office Environment. Ability to work on computer, answer phones, speak to customers. Work with surrounding office noise.
Prestige Brands offers a full benefits package to all full-time employees.
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE BRANDS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at PrestigeBrands via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Brands. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Brands as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 1 year (Required)
- Packaging: 3 years (Required)
- Within 30 days (Required)