SKIDATA USA is seeking a Field Systems Engineer to cover New Brunswick, NJ and the surrounding area.
Position Summary: Field Systems Engineer is a full time, entry to mid-level systems engineer position in which the engineer is expected perform at a high-level & rapid pace to ensure success of a projects IT objectives. The Systems Engineer works remotely from home and also travels to lead existing customer site upgrades and resolve software and hardware issues that arise with serviceable locations. Assist in the completion of service calls for 1st level support during business and non-business hours. Working closely with the Service Manager and the Field Service Supervisor to ensure that escalated requests are being followed up on to completion. Available for on-call schedule as a rotation for 1st level escalations. The Systems Engineer will also help fulfill the needs of the maintenance schedule when needed by assisting with performing on-site troubleshooting on parking access and building access systems, software and or hardware. Effectively understands and troubleshoots basic setup of credit card configuration within the SKIDATA network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review new job requests from company CRM to ensure material and budgetary numbers are achievable for successful implementation of existing customer projects.
· Proficient in using SKIDATA’s ERP program for project planning and execution. Can adapt to using system to maximize efficiency of job materials, purchasing, delivery & implementation.
· Using unique knowledge of SKIDATA parking system environment, provide detailed feedback to technical teams on best strategies and approaches for conflict resolution.
· Able to assist customers with utilization of common SKIDATA application requests. Perform dial-ins and web training's for customers to go over and review system behaviors and designed features.
· Perform site surveys for intelligence gathering necessary for proper quote proposals of existing site and customer accounts.
· Properly plan and prepare for installation and configuration of software packages for computer and hardware devices for existing site upgrades and service replacements.
· Install and configure computer and peripheral hardware at customer location or in company premises.
· Configure and install hardware devices such as networking components. Able to configure Cisco network switches, routers, & firewalls for system replacement or expansion purposes.
· Assist in existing system commissioning and customer training.
YOU CONVINCE WITH:
- Passion for IT/network technology.
- Experience working directly with customers.
- Working knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 server, Windows XP, Windows 7; and possess aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Well rounded technical experience that includes Hardware, Software, and low voltage experience.
- Possess and maintain firm understanding of new and emerging technologies related to position and field.
- Commitment and self-reliance.
- Possession of a driving license and have clean driving/criminal background check.
- Proven analytical, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Possession of High School Diploma or University Degree and 5 years of qualifying experience working with with Networks, hardware, software. and low voltage.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement