YES (Yield Engineering Systems, Inc.) is a leading manufacturer of high-tech, cost-effective equipment for transforming surfaces, materials, and interfaces at the nanoscale. From startups to the Fortune 50, our customers rely on YES solutions to unleash products that change lives -- from cellphones and IoT devices, to AI and virtual reality, to diagnostic tests for COVID.
Our industry-leading vacuum cure ovens, chemical vapor deposition (CVD) systems, and plasma etching tools are driving innovation in a wide range of exciting and growing markets. We look forward to talking with smart, energetic, team-oriented people who can grow with us. We provide competitive salary and benefits (including employee stock ownership), a beautiful light-filled new facility in a central location, and some of the best co-workers you’ll find anywhere. If this appeals to you, please read on!
JOB TITLE: Lead Mechanical Engineer
SUMMARY: Leads mechanical & electromechanical design and development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Specifies, designs, analyzes, simulates, prototypes, builds, tests, documents, and releases to manufacturing required mechanical systems of significantly complex scope.
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution.
- Organizes, plans, tracks, and resolves design problems associated with product performance in engineering, manufacturing, and the field.
- Interface with internal and external customers regarding significantly complex engineering issues to address customers High Value Problems (HVP) for a range of products.
- Works with appropriate departments to ensure design specifications meet or exceed all applicable regulatory standards.
· Problem identification and troubleshooting of a wide range of significantly complex engineering problems.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
· 10 – 15 years related experience or equivalent.
· Proficient on SolidWorks
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
· Acute attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
· Experience in Semiconductor Equipment Industry
· Regarded as a technical expert in their particular field.
· Proficient in the use of SolidWorks PDM.
- Design--Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Innovation--Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quantity--Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Initiative--Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
YES offers a stimulating and fun working environment, competitive salaries, healthcare benefits & company stock options.
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
· YES is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Come find out why YES is such a great place to work. Apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
We are currently using a screening app and contact tracing.
- Mechanical Engineering or Related: 10 years (Required)
- semiconductor capital equipment and high vacuum practices: 5 years (Preferred)
- Vacuum practice and Semiconductor OEM: 5 years (Preferred)