Company / Location Information
The Company: A. O. Smith Corporation, founded over 140 years ago in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA is a global leader applying innovative technology and energy-efficient solutions to products marketed worldwide. Our goal is to be a leading global water technology company, and our focus is on building this platform through new product development, global expansion, strategic acquisitions, and partnerships. Today’s A. O. Smith is one of the world's leading manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment, offering a comprehensive product line featuring the best-known brands in North America and China. In November 2009, the company entered the global water treatment industry with the creation of a new venture, A. O. Smith (Shanghai) Water Treatment Products Co. Ltd.
With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe, A. O. Smith has the global reach to serve customers worldwide. We have sales and distribution in more than 60 countries around the world. A. O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement, not just in its factories and its processes, but in its people. It values people who are able to analyze problems and take rapid, decisive action. For more information regarding A. O. Smith, visit our website at www.aosmith.com.
We have an immediate need for a Robotics Engineer in our McBee, SC facility.
- Identify the automation needs and solution for the plant based on current capability and capacity and the future programs with automation technology required to meet the increased capability and capacity.
- Collaborates with fellow engineers, project managers, and other stakeholders to understand the requirements and scope of the robotics project.
- Develop programs for robotic processes to support the manufacturing process
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting services for robotic systems
- Ensures that robotic machines operate safely, dependably, and with precision; identifies and implements modifications
- Recommends, develop, and implements enhancements and improvements to increase production volumes or precision in high-throughput operations
- Apply sound ergonomic and safety practices in all functions of manufacturing process, equipment, and facilities.
- Evaluate New Technologies and Processes in support of improving Manufacturing Efficiencies, Productivity, Cost Saving, and/or Product Quality.
- Develop Capital Cost Justification for New Product Tooling, Equipment, Cost Savings Initiatives, etc.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other consideration to facilitate production processes.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager in support of Manufacturing Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in related with a minimum of three years work experience or training
- Experience with Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and other Continuous Improvement Methodologies
- Proficient with SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Ability to write reports, business correspondences, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Great people make our organization great and because of that, we offer an onsite fitness center, onsite cafeteria and micro market, a competitive compensation package (base and bonus) and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company sponsored life insurance, 401k plan with company match plus year-end company contribution, short and long term disability programs, tuition assistance, and training and development options.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location