Entry-level developmental position involving the application of engineering fundamentals to the design and construction of roadway and transportation projects. The position will provide exposure to different engineering disciplines and provide a solid foundation in transportation consulting and roadway construction.
- Conduct design tasks as part of a project team. Meet regularly with Project Managers and/or Senior Engineers.
- Develop design drawings using computer-aided design tools.
- Assist others in performing research or quantity calculations, and analyzing information and data for routine engineering tasks
- Participate in the preparation of engineering reports containing analysis, evaluations and engineering recommendations.
- Perform various engineering assignments of limited scope which require the application of standard techniques and procedures. Activities will include project site work as well as office functions.
- Receive instructions from Project Managers and/or Senior Engineers.
- Participate in a variety of activities, such as construction inspection, materials testing, field data collection, and CADD production.
- Fieldwork and travel to project sites required.
- Ability to obtain required certifications for position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering from accredited engineering program
- Willingness to take direction and receive constructive feedback from senior staff
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to work independently to perform assigned tasks, as well as to contribute to a project team.
- Positive can-do attitude and ability to interact well with a variety of people
- Strong technical writing skills, including strong use of English grammar
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in using engineering software systems or demonstrated technical ability and willingness to learn engineering software
- Maintain required qualifications for operation of company vehicles, including valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Ability and willingness to travel and work throughout Colorado to project sites and for extended periods when needed
- Ability to work nontraditional or extended hours, nights and weekends if necessary, to meet project deadlines.
- EIT certification preferred
- Experience with Microstation or InRoads software
- Related civil engineering or industry internship or work experience
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Combination of field and office work environments. Regular exposure to all types of weather conditions on field assignments.
- Ability to sit and work at computer work station for extended periods.
- Loud noise levels at times (hearing protection provided).
- Overnight travel may be required with this position.
Applications are currently being accepted in anticipation of future needs.
RockSol is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. All candidates are required to pass a drug and alcohol test before beginning employment and are subject to random testing throughout the duration of their employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity