For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high-performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
The Computer Vision/Machine Learning Engineer will be responsible for the research and development of systems that incorporate the use of various sensors such as camera, radar, and lidar, individually and through the use of sensor fusion, to detect and classify objects encountered in autonomous vehicle operations. The Computer Vision/Machine Learning Engineer will use deep learning techniques to train, validate, test and tune models that allow real-time inference to inform safe operational decisions.
- Coordinate research, studies, experiments, and development activities in the areas of computer vision and machine learning in the use autonomous off-road/agricultural vehicles and robotic subsystems.
- Work on complex problems that impact the success of current or future products.
- Serve as a technical specialist in application of theories, concepts, principles, and processes in area of responsibility.
- Work with internal teams, customers, and vendors to facilitate effective communication.
- Prepare reports of research data, evaluate, and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
- Has knowledge and skills in the engineering discipline.
- Uses prescribed techniques and procedures within established criteria.
- Works independently, as well as with a team.
- MS with significant coursework in computer vision, machine learning, robotics and computer science - Or - BS plus 2-4 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of an internship in related field.
- Experience with TensorFlow and/or PyTorch Machine Learning libraries.
- Experience with OpenCV computer vision library.
- Experience with distributed version control and automated build systems.
- Familiarity with the use of Scrum or other agile methodologies in the SDLC.
- Comfortable with Test-Driven Development.
- Understanding of AWS cloud infrastructure and Docker containerization helpful.
- Understanding of path planning and vehicle guidance and control systems a plus.
- Well-developed problem analysis and problem-solving techniques.
- Team player who is self-motivated and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.