The position of Fan Blade Product Engineer will be responsible to define, execute, and follow track of the plan to reach 100% yield and FTY on the as-molded and finished parts. As a contributor to the global plan of the Center of Excellence, the Product Engineer will work in close cooperation with the Fan Blade Product Engineers in other facilities. The Product Engineer will coordinate the internal teams in a project mode.
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of hire.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Ensure non-quality detection on a daily basis. Ensure that the detection thresholds are updated in line with the DO Guidelines. Act as the interface to transfer knowledge from the customer's design office to Quality, Engineering, and the operators on the production floor and back in order to ensure no decision "gray area" exists, and improve the production lead time.
- Support Production Quality, and Engineering to resolve non-conforming product issues and concerns, ensure that proper problem-solving methodologies are used to ensure non-recurrence of issues, and lead necessary projects to improve reactivity to in-process events. Ensure systematic RCCA launch when non-quality is detected and follow the RCCA milestones (participate to the major RCCA both for ASC and SAC).
- Build long-term plan to ensure 100% yield and FTY and follow the associated milestones. Report on a weekly basis on any topic related to the product in order to achieve Yield, First Time Yield, and shipset target cost. Develop and participate to the drift detection rituals.
- Customer interface and technical coordination. Regularly communicates with all levels in customer organization to manage technical definition, work scope, progress status, and schedule, as well as to propose specification and guidelines enlargements. Track status, and participate to the Design Office's un-jailing plan.
- Improve and control the product's manufacturing process capability, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality standards.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate science, engineering, or engineering technology field
Minimum of five years of manufacturing engineering experience required, with ideally 2+ years in cross functional assignments in the functions of production, quality, program management, and finance.
Able to lead cross functional teams
Strong competency in managing customer interactions and presenting to management
Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
Demonstrated excellence in both oral and written communications
Collaborative team player
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Office:
Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Intermediate level skill in T-SQL, Python, or R
Experience with titanium parts is preferred
Experience with Lean manufacturing and/or 6 Sigma techniques required
Ability to lift up to 36 pounds, approximately 20% of a standard work day
Travel - available for international travel (no more than 25% of the time)
Lighting and temperature are adequate
Protective footwear must be worn in manufacturing areas, approximately 50% of a standard work day
Eye protection must be worn in manufacturing areas, approximately 50% of standard work day
Ear protection must be worn during certain operations, less than 10% of a standard work day
Respirators may be required depending on the specific task being performed, no more than 10% of a standard work day
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected characteristics under applicable state or federal laws.