Leadership, Respect, and Decision-Making in a Collaborative Environment
If these qualities appeal to you, the Wesson Group may be the next step up in your career path. Work for a company where you are known by your name and not a number. At the Wesson Group, a privately owned firm, the policy is Safety First, Family First, with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. In the field, you work with colleagues who really care about and take pride in the project. Every job here is hands-on. At headquarters, you work in a respectful environment with top-tier experienced professionals dedicated to superior quality. Across the board—whether you are a veteran, a mid-career professional or just starting out, the Wesson Group offers a place to grow and excel.
Are you a someone who understands the importance of mentoring up-and-coming construction professionals? Here you will have the opportunity to help influence the next generation of our staff. Take pride in knowing your work is prized here at the Wesson Group, among a professional staff who value curiosity, camaraderie, and a collaborative work ethic. Here the drive is toward big projects, the biggest horizontal public and private construction projects in the Northeast United States.
If your passion is heavy civil and infrastructure construction, marine and alternative energy, most notably industrial-scale wind developments, the Wesson Group is the place where you can and will thrive. Renewable energy is a core facet of Wesson Group projects. The largest wind farms, taking renewable wind energy to the next level. Wind and solar energy. Be a part of the future at the Wesson Group. Renewables are the future, and you can be part of that future.
There is not one person at the Wesson Group who does not believe wholeheartedly in alternative and renewable energy. It is the future, and the Wesson Group is there. In beautiful Upstate New York, you can be a part of the next generation of construction workeragement, leadership, and excellence in construction design. Thinking of relocating? Talk to us.
You have the experience, at least 2 to 5 years of proven accomplishments, a degree in construction, engineering or allied field, a commitment to excellence. Talk to us. We want to talk to you.
CAD Technician – Construction
- Develop drawings from engineer sketches using AutoCAD software.
- Complete graphics assignments for renewable energy infrastructure, water, industrial, commercial, and municipal projects following specific, standardized procedures to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Design, preparation and drafting of detailed site, roadway and utility construction plans in AutoCAD/Civil 3D. Strong Emphasis on CAD capabilities, speed and accuracy.
- Calculation of quantities, areas, slopes, inverts, etc. commensurate with civil engineering as well as preparation of data required for above mentioned markets.
- Plotting and preparation of plan sets as required for agency and construction submittals.
- Coordination with other project team members, company departments, owners and clients.
- Work within a project-team environment and interact and provide services on projects with other market disciplines.
- Create deliverables necessary for the management on our projects utilizing google earth overlaps.
- Possess the ability to read and interpret construction drawings, specifications, site plans and elevations.
- Knowledge in drone survey analyzation a plus.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A minimum of two years of experience using AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D.
- Associates degree, or equivalent, from a two-year college or technical school in computer-aided drafting and design.
- Previous experience in road profile optimization a plus.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to handle peak work times.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Competitive Compensation Package including bonus program.
- Comprehensive Health, Rx, Vision and Dental package
- Supplemental 401(k) with company match
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid time off
- Student Loan Repayment Plan
- Supplemental Aflac policies available
The Wesson Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Civil 3D: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)