Deschutes River Cabinet and Closet is a small locally owned and operated, fast-growing company seeking an experienced Cabinet Engineer / Drafter to join our team. We want someone who is exceptionally detail oriented, highly organized and flexible to change, thrives in a small office environment, and has expertise in custom cabinet engineering. This position requires solid customer service and effective communication skills, and a friendly and open personality.
The Cabinet Engineer / Drafter serves as the main point of contact during the design phase and is responsible for working with clients and various internal departments to accurately engineer and design custom cabinets using Cabinet Vision software. Some travel within Central Oregon is required to meet with clients and perform final measurement of design space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Engineer and design custom cabinets from blueprints and customer specifications using Cabinet Vision software to ensure proper cabinet fit and function.
· Document design specifications such as material and hardware selections, design and other details as requested by the customer.
· Communicate design ideas clearly both visually and verbally, and proactively follow-up with cost and scheduling updates to clients during the design process.
· Recommend products based on company standards while balancing client needs.
· Prepare bid proposals and revisions, and work with clients for approval.
· Confer with sales and production staff to ensure manufacturability, and coordinate accurate and realistic schedules.
· Provide back-up support to sales and production as needed.
· Extensive experience in custom cabinet design engineering is required.
· Knowledge of industry standards and cabinet construction methods, fabrication and installation techniques.
· Proficiency with custom cabinet engineering software (e.g. Cabnetware, Mozaik, etc.), Cabinet Vision software is preferred, and experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
· Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings.
· Ability to accurately perform basic math functions and understanding of geometry and trigonometry.
· Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through on all projects, tasks and assignments.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required; ability to travel within Central Oregon.
Salary range of $60-80K/year DOE; and paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Overtime may be required at times to meet customer demands and business priorities.
Ability to sit and/or stand while working on a computer for extended periods of time.
Deschutes River Cabinet and Closet is an equal opportunity employer. There is no guarantee of employment, and nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
The health and safety of our employees, customers, and visitors is of primary concern. To reduce potential risk of exposure to employees and visitors, we ask all employees for their cooperation and strict adherence to our COVID-19 office protocols.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative