JOB TITLE: Quality Specialist/CMM Programmer FLSA Status: Hourly
Shift: 1st Revised Date: 10/1/19
EEOC Category: Operatives Reports to: General Manager
Precision Metal Works, a Bartell Global Company, manufactures metal stamped parts and components for the appliance and automotive industries. We have approximately 250 team members and two manufacturing facilities in Louisville, KY. Our facilities boast 36 stamping presses, a state-of-the-art powder coating line, robotic welding, cosmetic stainless-steel finishing and numerous assembly operations.
Precision Metal Works has an immediate opening for a Quality Specialist/CMM Programmer. We are in immediate need of a Quality Specialist who can program and operate a CMM using Zeiss Calypso software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program and operate a CMM using Zeiss Calypso
- Take measurements using hand tools and surface plate tools such as a height gauge, calipers, protractors, and micrometers
- Report measurement results in specified formats
- Understand and communicate measurement results
- Interpret part prints
- Perform quality audits and inspections
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and three years previous CMM Operator/Programmer related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of GD&T is desirable.
- Experience working in manufacturing environment is preferred
- Prefer those with solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Strong technical/mechanical aptitude and ability to learn complex equipment
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral)
- Proficiency in operating computer systems (Microsoft Office – specifically Excel
- PLEX knowledge or similar ERP system is highly preferred.
- Must be a results driven individual with good attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills required
- Must have the ability to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a day in and day out basis.
- Ability to adapt to change in processes, activities, and/or direction.
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytical abilities and ability to drive improvement
- Proven ability to work in teams and foster team interaction
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach. Must be able to climb up and down, as well as work using a ladder.
- Employee is regularly exposed to vibration, and occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Must be present on the job to perform the assigned duties and be able to work overtime which is often required to meet production schedules
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration and works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to varied temperatures due to working in a non-air-conditioned facility. In addition, the employee is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and a very loud noise environment.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- CMM Operating: 5 years (Preferred)
- CMM Programming: 5 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply