Under minimal to general supervision, this position independently evaluates, selects and applies standard scientific techniques and procedures, including site testing and recommending design systems.
- Strong water quality regulatory background required; must have demonstrated NPDES, SWPP, and SPCC permitting. Development of supporting studies, and negotiation experience. Must have demonstrated water quality sampling program design and implementation experience.
- Experience in TMDLs, ESA and aquatic ecosystem and sediment quality evaluations desirable. May serve as a team leader in small projects and help train junior level staff. May supervise junior level staff on a project by project basis. May assist more senior engineers/scientists on large, more complex projects.
- Expected to contact clients and agencies for routine information collection and dissemination as well as to cultivate business development and repeat business opportunities.
- Must be competent in all conventional aspects of the subject matter and have excellent written and verbal skills.
- BS degree in a science discipline required.
- Minimum of 2 years consulting experience required.
- Candidates with minimum of 6 years consulting experience, demonstrated supervisory ability, and proven business development skills also considered.