A Staff/Project engineer is needed for a leading industrial manufacturing organization. The Staff/Project engineer is responsible for capital projects, SOP development, workflow studies, safety program initiatives and development of reporting tools to help improve operations and assist with environmental projects.
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of project engineer experience within an industrial manufacturing setting (Lumber mill, Paper mill, Petro-chemical plant, Steel mill, etc.). This is a direct hire role located near Augusta, GA. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
- Work as a Project Manager for upcoming building additions
- Develop / update standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Complete studies on workflow and job set up.
- Assist in the development of reporting tools to improve the operations
- Complete justifications for capital expenditures projects
- Work on any other special projects
- Have a working knowledge of environment rules and regulations (EPA) for stormwater and waste water.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Discipline - Industrial, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical
- At least 2 years experience in manufacturing engineering
- Prefer - experience in the forest products industry
- Ability to build rapport with vendors and contractors
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Proficient in computer applications (Microsoft Office / Google Suite)
- Experience in computer software for project management, CAD, AutoCad, developing pivot tables and queries.
- Willing to travel to our 10 different plants from coast to coast
- Be self-driven and able to work independently
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)