Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace. Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Provide contract management and oversight during execution of state, county and municipal transportation related projects. These projects may include roadways, bridges, greenways, airports and other government funded projects. Responsible for owner oversight during the project as per the contracted scope, monitor progress and performance against the project plan. Troubleshoot and recommend or resolve operational problems and minimize delays. May be responsible for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors. Conducts meetings and prepares reports to communicate the status of the project to project team and client. Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones. May have responsibilities to communicate with the client and deliver work products to satisfaction of client. Is involved with approving invoices, preparing change orders, and collections.
Other duties include the preparation of monthly estimates, final estimates, and other record keeping required during the life of a contract project in accordance with state and federal guidelines. Providing site inspection of construction activities as needed. Travel including day trips and overnight stays within North Carolina should be anticipated.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Perform required field measurements, maintain detailed records and reports, and communicate effectively with the owner, contractor personnel, and the public.
- Working knowledge of pay record book entries and material received reports.
- Perform site visits to review compliance with contract documents.
- Ability to prepare minutes for construction progress meetings.
- Ability to coordinate Contractor RFI’s and submittal reviews.
- Review Contractor applications for payment.
- Coordinates and/or performs inspection and materials sampling and/or testing as needed.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
Leadership Functions and Duties:
- Manages staff utilization by scheduling, monitoring and revising assignments.
- Assist with departmental business development goals.
- Participates in internal and external professional development activities.
- Provide technical guidance and training to less experienced personnel on specific tasks such as development of project tracking, project estimates and inspection methods.
- Stays knowledgeable of trends and current developments in specific technical areas.
- Experience with contract administration - understanding contract, plans, standards, and specifications.
- Familiar with NCDOT Standard & Specifications, special provisions, project contract and the NCDOT Construction Manual.
- Working knowledge of computer equipment and construction management software.
- Experience with publicly funded entities – such as DOTs and municipalities.
- Effective and regular communication with clients and staff.
- Experience with construction support and bridge inspections
- Experience with proposal writing, presentations and other marketing activities.
- Preferred NC PE, CCM or other professional certifications.
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Civil Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited university is preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Transportation Construction: 2 years (Preferred)