BOSTIK is hiring! We are currently looking for a Process Engineer for our Greenville, South Carolina SIROFLEX location.
The Process Engineer will report to the Plant Manager.
We seek people who want to be part of a growing, world-class organization. We also offer comprehensive benefits effective DAY 1! “Stick” with us!
- Responsible for the safe operation of the plant equipment and compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for meeting site and business Key Performance Indicators – Identifying shortcomings and opportunities
- Improve the performance of the plant through improvement of equipment and non-equipment processes.
- Taking and leading actions to solve or improve process, equipment, procedural and system issues
- This is a Hands-on role, build a positive and supportive relationship with all employees in the facility.
- This role requires significant flexibility to help in any area as the need arises, while maintaining composer and positive demeanor
- Be a key team member contributing to developing a culture of high performance, ownership and accountability
- Monitor, validate and continuously improve the productivity of the manufacturing operations
- Operations include; Mixing / Compounding, Material Handling (Powders, liquids, packaging materials) and Retail Packaging
- Responsible for tests & validation of product, process, package, PLC, and equipment changes as part of Management of Change.
- Determine critical parameters for producing products and develop data-based analytical tools.
- · Responsible for optimization and debottlenecking of production and packaging processes.
- · Provide trouble-shooting support for production issues.
- · Create Standard Procedures and Work Instructions for all parts of operations including production, data inputs, KPI tracking,
- · Responsible for leading capital projects within local manufacturing location.
- · Be hands-on / local support for larger and longer-term capital projects
- · Support and Lead when needed safety improvements for current and new processes.
- · Practice Safe work habits in accordance with OSHA, EPA guidelines, and Bostik specific EHS expectations
- · Support and full adherence to the Corporate and Local Environmental, Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- · Support approval and process masters / BOM’s with the planning group as well as creating / supporting recipes in PLC’s.
- · Support the maintenance group when needed for troubleshooting and improving equipment and PM’s etc.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- · A fast paced, results oriented environment where you are involved in a wide variety of functions and activities.
- · You will participate in activities within and outside the plant.
- · Travel could be as high as monthly depending on the requirements at the time.
- · Heavy use of computer software, both PC based and enterprise system, combined with frequent interpersonal communication.
- · This is a hands-on role while collecting data, working side by side with hourly, listening to employees and using their ideas
- · Continuous improvement of plant processes to meet plant and business objectives.
- · Work with all functions of the plant and outside the plant to achieve results.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- B.S. in Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in a manufacturing process environment, some exposure to chemicals and chemical process
- Demonstrated experience with a highly developed Environmental, Health and Safety Program.
- Previous working knowledge in Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma and Lean.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment, be well organized, take initiative, and be flexible to facilitate resolution of complex issues.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication.
- Proven analytical/problem-solving skills based on data.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities is required.
- Must be able to drive results and work effectively in a team setting
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time.
About Bostik- Smart Adhesives
With our eyes on the future, Bostik is driven to develop smart adhesives – enabling us to anticipate needs, create value, and shape new capabilities. We are not the right place for everyone. We ARE right for those who work collaboratively to think and act boldly beyond today. Put your potential to work to increase our collective expertise, powered by a spirit of innovation.
As one of the largest adhesive and sealant companies in the world, Bostik designs, manufactures, and markets bonding solutions within a variety of Global Business Units: Industrial Adhesives (Converting, Assembly, Packaging, Transportation, Flexible Packaging and Industrial Laminations); Consumer and Construction (Flooring Installation Systems, Construction Sealants and Adhesives); and Nonwovens (Disposable Hygiene).
Bostik is well positioned as part of Arkema's High Performance Materials segment. A global chemical company and France’s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day.
Make a difference with Bostik. Build a career with purpose. Experience the impact powerful bonds can make – at a place where you can feel at home.
Compliance: Bostik is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer: The above information had been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift