McClure is currently searching for a proven Project Engineer (PE) to be a key leader on dynamic projects for the growing Traffic group. The PE is expected to be a strong promoter of McClure’s core values, vision, and mission and embody those values in all interactions with clients and team members. A successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining solid knowledge of engineering principles and codes to ensure all projects are completed properly.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A PE must possess the technical skills required to successfully move a project from conception to completion. Additionally, this key role must also possess the interpersonal skills needed to assess the client’s satisfaction and mentor less experienced members of the team.
Engineering duties include completion and review of traffic engineering documents, studies and designs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong traffic engineering expertise with ability to complete and review traffic analysis, report documentation and plan sets
- Be able to work autonomous as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Proactively solve problems and identify innovative solutions
- Implement QA/QC process to ensure high quality engineering solutions for plans and studies
Educational and/or Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Three to ten years of Project Management experience
- Professional Engineering License in Iowa preferred and Kansas/Missouri a plus
- Strong technical expertise in traffic engineering, analysis and design
- Knowledge with traffic related software (i.e., HCS, Synchro/SimTraffic, PTV Vissim)
- Thorough knowledge in roundabout analysis and SIDRA software
- Preferred experience in safety studies
McClure provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location