Ingenium Aerospace was formed in 2006. The current ownership group consists of Steve Carter and Darrin Kopala. Ingenium Aerospace is proud to employ a staff of talented professionals who are committed to customer focused service. We are a small, flexible and fast paced company experiencing rapid growth.
INGENIUM AEROSPACE LLC: CORE VALUES AND FOCUS
Ingenium Aerospace highly values our associates as dynamic interactive parts of our team. Our associates tend to be multifaceted and multitask each and every day. Associates are involved in the decision making process and developing solutions to our customer challenges. We value our associates by providing an environment that fosters respect, integrity, teamwork, excellence and success.
At Ingenium Aerospace, we meet the needs of our customers and provide solutions to their technical problems in the mechanical actuation area with quality products, primarily in the commercial and military aerospace and space markets. We meet the needs of our associates by providing a fun and friendly working environment such that our associates want to come to work at every day. We also offer our suppliers the opportunity to provide quality products to us and be a part of our customer focused team. Some of the products we focus on are listed below:
- Nose Wheel Steering
- Collective Friction units
- Flaps and Flap Handles
- Thrust Vector Controls
- Pitch Trim
- Main Rotor Actuation
- Trim Systems
- Speed Trim
- Ratio and Gradient
- Fin Drives
- Redundant systems
- Yaw Dampers
- Utility Systems
- High Freq Resp Servos
- Rudder Controls and Pedals
- Electric Braking Actuation
- Control Actuation Systems (CAS)
- Speed Brakes
- Custom Rotating Components
- Small BLDC Motors
- EM brakes
The Electrical Systems Engineering role is a challenging and critical position within our design team for a variety of aerospace electromechanical motion control devices. Specific responsibilities may include the oversight of the mechanical engineering aspects of the product design including housings, gears, gear-sets and gearboxes (i.e. Planetary, Spur, Differential, Bevel, Helical, etc.), Power Transmission Screws (i.e. Ball Screws, Acme Screws, Planetary roller screws, etc.), all types of bearings configurations, structural loads, fits/clearances, material selection, drawing checking, thermal analysis, product weight optimization, etc. The electrical scope of work includes detailed knowledge of motors (AC, Brush DC and Brushless DC), commutation sensors (field directors, Hall Effect and Resolver), position sensing, velocity and load sensing devices, open and closed loop control systems, high frequency response servo applications, relays, switches, analog and digital control, software including DO-178 and DO-254. The candidate should understand the basic principles of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
The ideal candidate will be a generalist with both analytical and intuitive skills that can delve deeper into all aspects of a design, work with customers to formulate their requirements and understand the implications within the application. The candidate will manage each application includes the full product life cycle (proposal, design, development, verification, and product support). The candidate will lead the design team and has the responsibilityto ensure that designs meet program cost, schedule, and performance requirements. The Systems Engineer will also manage external suppliers for critical control hardware. In addition, this candidate will actively work within our design workflow process.
- Create Mechanical, electrical and Control Systems Engineering (ME) inputs for conceptual trade studies and detailed proposal efforts
- Created detailed layouts for new applications
- Create and perform Electrical Engineering for product design, including checking review/approve detailed piece part drawings with tolerance and thermal studies
- Create Reliability Studies, fault trees, FMECA’s, System Safety and Hazard Assessment, etc.
- Work cooperatively to provide Engineering technical support to manufacturing, suppliers, or customers
- Define, design, and support electromechanical and mechanical test equipment for each product application
- The candidate must also be hands on and willing to work in the shop environment to build prototypes, construct and program test equipment and support production issues.
- Define the scope of work and oversee the effort of engineering technical specialists (Drafting, Materials Engineering, Stress Analysis, Dynamic Analysis, etc.).
- Knowledge of systems, software and detailed circuit cards design.
- Be capable of managing outside suppliers of custom control systems design from SOW and SPEC thru verification and validation.
- BS. in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent Degree
- Specifically applicable experience of 10+ years
- Aerospace Experience of 5+ years
- Demonstrated leadership skills through example, mentoring and running multifaceted design teams.
- Specific capability in the following software:
- Matlab Simulink
- Relex (Windchill)
- Microsoft Products, including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Exceptional analytical and mathematical background
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of Aerospace Military and FAA design requirements
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and methods
- Knowledge of aerospace drafting standards
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)(ANSI Y14.5M)
- Knowledge of certification/qualification testing per DO-160 or MIL-STD-810
- S. Citizen
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of SolidWorks Enterprise PDM is a plus.
- Knowledge of aerospace and spacecraft environments is a plus
- Knowledge of Land and Sea based systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of design for harsh environments is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Rockford, IL 61109 (Preferred)