The Kennedy Group is a leading provider of labeling, promotional, tracking and identification solutions for numerous industries, including consumer goods products, industrial, healthcare, and automotive. We are headquartered in Willoughby, OH, on an expansive, beautifully-landscaped campus. Our 80,000 square foot facility has year-round air- and temperature/humidity controlled-conditioning and is equipped with the most modern flexographic assets, providing an outstanding clean, safe, comfortable and efficient work environment. We offer competitive wages and benefits, including a fresh food market in our break room.
The Flexo Process and Technical Engineer will be part of the day-to-day operations team and provide technical leadership in order to drive printing processes and quality improvements, increase plant efficiencies, apply technology, support cost reduction initiatives, and implement standardization of processes across all assets.
- Ensure effective production processes by working with Estimating, Technical, Operations, and Art departments.
- Troubleshoot daily production / process / product problems, and lead problem solving efforts to improve quality, eliminate waste, and reduce quality costs.
- Develop scope, provide pertinent information, and participate in reviewing / shaping the final product layout and job specification for process improvement and other operations-related capital projects.
- Ensure that process conditions are assigned and followed, including the establishment of acceptable operating ranges.
- Support project implementation by reviewing installation, coordinating start-up of installed machines / systems, training operators, documenting changes, and updating procedures.
- Must have schedule flexibility to allow for attendance at trials / production during nights and/or weekends, if necessary.
- Ensure product first-time production / reproduction meets design intent / target, brand standards, and established print quality standards supporting the continuous print quality improvement efforts at all plants.
- Analyze production and test data to establish consistent production results. Interpret data and recommend solutions to reoccurring processing issues. Contribute to the perfection of products to the required technological specifications or end uses.
- Proactively monitor new technology for process optimization opportunities assisting in developing new suppliers and/or new technical capabilities at existing suppliers
- Participate in information gathering needed to establish process conditions for jobs so we are consistent from run to run. This involves communications with Estimating, Manufacturing, Technical, Quality Assurance, Scheduling, Procurement, and Desktop/Graphic departments.
- Observe the trial / developmental / production orders as they are run, including troubleshooting issues.
- Document and monitor processing conditions to ensure consistent results.
- Work closely with Maintenance and Engineering to ensure effective solutions to maintenance issues.
- Work closely with Technical to resolve material and product issues.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with all employees within the organization. This will range from hourly up to the Executive level.
- Additional responsibilities may include supporting Estimating / Sales and managing plant operations.
- Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering, Print Technology, Graphics, Design, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in flexographic print production.
- Strong knowledge of film, paper, and printing [can include: flexo, offset, gravure, screen, etc.]
- Strong knowledge of color reproduction and color management technologies.
- Strong knowledge of color matching and proofing technologies.
- Strong knowledge of common substrates and how they impact product design execution.
- Working knowledge of design, adaptation, and pre-press processes.
- Working knowledge of intermediate office applications [Microsoft Office]
- Basic knowledge of design software applications [Esko, Photoshop, Illustrator]
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt
- Color Management Professional (CMP)
- 5 years' experience in flexographic print production
***No relocation assistance provided***
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift