REMOTE work available.
The Dealership Advantage Story:
Dealership Advantage is a cloud-based, integrated dealership and OEM management platform currently serving the marine market. We have a mature platform developed by disrupters in the marine industry. Throughout our history, we have kept the startup vibe while staying nimble and hungry.
Our purpose is to lift an industry that has been underserved by technology for too many years. We provide dealers with a modern and easy to use UI that drives their underlying business operations helping them sell faster and service customers more profitably; ultimately, our goal is to help our customers transform their businesses while improving their customers’ experiences.
We’re providing a solution the market hasn’t seen for a decade, if ever, and are striving to create seamless experiences through OEM & Dealer collaboration that result in a world class customer experience.
The marine industry is ripe for disruption and our mission is to create a fully integrated solution for dealers and OEMs while advancing the overall state of technology for an industry in need of change.
Dealership Advantage is currently seeking a Software Engineer for its enterprise dealer management system. As a Software Engineer you are responsible for coding, designing, and debugging features that are aligned with product specs put in place by the Product Team. You will be working with Business Analysts, the support team, and customers in order to provide elegant solutions for the marine industry. Staff members in this position are skilled, effective and self-sufficient in working within a diverse technology portfolio, and regularly provide guidance and training to less experienced Developers.
- First and foremost, developing software our users need
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
- Ability to carry out job responsibilities while fully embracing the Simplified Investments Core Values
- Culture is everything. We are authentic and intentional in the way we work and play. Being stodgy has no place here.
- Stab from the front. We are respectful in the way that we hold one another accountable. No games, no hidden agendas.
- Problem solvers. We value smart people who attack problems head-on and with confidence.
- Resiliency. We thrive on change and growth. We pivot when we need to and re-group quickly.
- Humility reigns. Whether engaging with our teams, customers or partners we approach it with the heart of a servant. We are go-givers that believe in creating space for people to grow.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ Years of Development Experience
- Modern SPA Web Design Typescript
- React/Angular 2+ Preferred
- Object Oriented Server-Side Languages
- Relational Database Experience
- Azure SQL and Entity Framework ORM Experience Preferred
- Deployment and Maintenance of Production Applications
- Docker and Kubernetes Preferred
TEAM MEMBER PERKS:
- Flexible work from home policy
- Insurance benefits begin on the 1st day the following month of start date
- Casual work environment, facing the Grand River
- Open door policy – come on in and share your ideas!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Please provide your LinkedIn address.
- C# .net: 1 year (Preferred)
- Angular or React: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location