At Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. Every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Oshkosh Defense is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
1. Support housekeeping and safety.
2. Facilitate and train employee teams in process improvement techniques
3. Assist in the identification and implementation of six-sigma projects
4. Lead teams in applying the six sigma DMAIC methodology to eliminate waste
5. Apply the following basic process improvement tools within the six sigma DMAIC improvement model: Project Charter, Process Map, Thought Process Map, Pareto Chart, Trend Chart, Fishbone Diagram, 5-Why Analysis, Histogram, SPC, FMEA, Benchmarking, Brainstorming, 5S, Correlation Analysis, Error-proofing, Cpk, Ppk, Corrective Action Matrix, and Continual Improvement Control Plans
6. Design and improve process inputs to gain desired outcome
7. Improve processes to reduce common cause variability and eliminate special cause
8. Annual ROIC expectation is $100,000 achieved via process improvement
9. Establish control plans to prevent process backsliding for consolidation of gains
10. Perform process capability studies internally and externally
11. Analyze process constraints and develop standards to overcome constraints
12. Ability to effectively manage large process improvement projects using MS Project software
13. Revise procedures for process improvement
14. Investigate/analyze and benchmark industry practices for process validation assessments
15. Implement effective corrective and preventative actions utilizing structured planning methods
16. Coordinate and work cross-functionally with Employee Teams, Quality, Engineering, Contracts, Sales and Manufacturing to improve processes
17. Must proactively plan and execute plans in accordance with established time constraints
18. Minimal travel as required. Once per month on average for a duration of 1-3 days
19. Must be willing to complete additional advanced training/educational courses as required
20. Accurately maintain company records and documents in accordance with policies and procedures
Bachelor's degree in Quality, Business, Operations Management, or related field
One plus years of related work experience
Obtain six sigma certification & CQE
Advanced training/experience in the use of statistical techniques and process improvement methods
Must interpret basic technical drawings including characteristics such as views, title blocks, dimensioning, GD&T symbols, etc. Interpret specification requirements in relation to product and process characteristics
Must have experience with and be able to exhibit the use of structured problem solving techniques utilizing computer applications
MS Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Visio, Statistical software, and JDE experience is recommended and will be mandatory within three (3) months in this position.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.