***Please note application for this position requires taking the assessment that will be emailed to you by Indeed.***
Precision Quincy exists to design, engineer, manufacture, and service game changing thermal processing solutions that are the perfect fit for the needs of the industries we serve. We are relentlessly working to revolutionize what some would consider a mature industry. We seek 10x improvements in the areas of Performance, over Energy use, Delivery time, and Connectivity.
Field Service Technician
Under the direction of the Vice President of Technical Services, the Field Service Technician travels to customer sites to install, start up, troubleshoot, or repair industrial ovens.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Travel to customer sites to install and start up industrial ovens and oven systems.
- Travel to customer sites to troubleshoot and repair industrial ovens and oven systems.
- Operating the following company or customer equipment: service vans, fork trucks, scissor lifts and overhead cranes.
- Read technical drawings, reports, and work instructions.
- Conduct uniformity testing on industrial ovens.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting.
- Perform gas, water, and air troubleshooting.
- Perform Program Logic Control (PLC), operator interface, communication, and frequency drive programming and debugging.
- Perform mechanical assembly, fabrication, and welding.
- Improve customer's experience by relaying information, customer feedback, observations and process information to Precision Quincy management.
- Develop working relationships with other departments to address and resolve issues.
- Participate in cross functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design, and quality problems, and to ensure the continuous improvement of processes and methods.
- Comply with all housekeeping procedures, quality standards, and safety regulations.
- Complete special projects, as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or equivalent required; three to five years of related experience
- Knowledge of temperature control system, start up, and debugging processes
- Experience with Program Logic Controls (PLC), operator interface, communications, and frequency programming and debugging processes.
- Lean Manufacturing experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical specifications and blueprints. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees of the Company.
Ability to read tape measures, and do basic math, including fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
Ability to solve practical problems.
- Motivated and highly organized
- Willingness to travel
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Detail Oriented
- Safety Focused
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach above shoulders, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; work in confined or enclosed spaces; work at elevated heights; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally and individually lift, carry, and maneuver items weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds.Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.The employee frequently uses hand tools, some power tools, tape measure, and other miscellaneous tools.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $30.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)