Sr. Stress Analysis Engineer
Bascom Hunter is an advanced technology and product development company. The Company is a leader in RF systems, advanced artificial intelligence, thermal management systems, and other important technologies for Department of Defense and commercial applications and customers. We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Stress Analysis Engineer.
This position performs structural analysis including stress, fracture, and fatigue assessments. Builds finite element models, performs analyses, assesses margins and life usage. Works closely with designers to develop and improve designs, improve margins, and mitigate technical risks. Works with and helps define structural requirements for vendors. Assesses structural test data and verification of requirements.
- Performs detailed structural analysis to determine structural integrity (margins of safety), using classical techniques and commercial analysis tools, to support drawing release, establishes maintenance/inspection programs.
- Integrates component-level structural math models and performs integrated analysis, using finite element methods, to develop internal loads and stresses in order to verify structural integrity.
- Performs structural analysis and provides expertise to respond to customer inquiries, develops service bulletins, investigates failures and coordinate with regulatory agencies, to maintain continued mission capability.
- Performs the following analysis types to support development efforts: static structural, modal, acceleration, and static thermal.
- Supports design and analysis efforts with knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, military/aerospace hardware, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Guides structural design and configuration development. Performs trade studies to optimize structure and meet program requirements.
- Documents structural analyses and data, required to show compliance with Bascom Hunter, customer, and regulatory requirements, at a component level.
- Develops, deploys, and supports in-house and commercial application software (ANSYS) to enable efficient performance of engineering tasks to reduce cycle time and drive product improvements.
- Researches and prepares data to support definition of structural design requirements.
- Research new technology applications, new product designs and structural life enhancement concepts, to improve products at the program level.
- Develops test plans, conducts pre-test analysis, monitors tests, analyzes, and correlates test data, and documents results, to develop and certify structural concepts, investigates failures, and develops material allowances.
- Supports Integration and Testing by assessing out of spec conditions and providing recommendations in a timely manner.
- Bachelor or higher in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering discipline required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience on military vehicle and/or aerospace programs.
- 5+ years of experience using ANSYS FEM software to perform structural analysis on military vehicle or aircraft components or structures.
- 5+ years of experience with structural analysis methods and repair principles (e.g., fatigue and corrosion, stress analysis, statics, materials strength, material characteristics, repair techniques, damage tolerance methods used in maintenance programs).
- 5+ years of experience using computer aided design (CAD) software. SolidWorks is preferred.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Military Vehicle and/or Aerospace programs: 3 years (Required)
- Do you have 5+ years of experience with structural analysis methods and repair principles (e.g., fatigue and corrosion, stress analysis, statics, materials strength, material characteristics, repair techniques, damage tolerance methods used in maintenance programs)?
- Only full-time employees eligible