Does the chance to change a skyline excite you? Do you consider yourself a high performer? Creative? Committed to high-quality work? Is adventure your middle name? If so, you may have a future in design engineering at Kiewit! We’re known for creating innovative, world-class building projects throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico — many are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities you won’t find anywhere else. How do we do it? We hire only the best and we employ them to do career-defining work that changes the landscape in communities around the world. You bring your talent, skills, and drive to succeed. We’ll provide the training, on-the-job experience and responsibility from day one that will shape your professional growth. Let’s go!
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
Renewables and new technology
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
- Work with project team to create all design documents and drawings, including one and three-line diagrams, protection and control schematics, communications diagrams, wiring diagrams, substation layout plan, section and detail drawings and application of mark-ups for project built drawings.
- Specification development for the procurement, installation and testing of substation equipment.
- Apply engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as ground grid design, equipment sizing, relay coordination, and electrical studies.
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with project lead, customer representatives, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited university
- At least three years’ experience performing engineering related duties
- Knowledge of engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI
- Eligibility to take Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or Engineer-In-Training (EIT) license
- legally able to work within the United States for any length of time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English language
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.