Blue Cypress Consulting is a vibrant and growing firm based in Decatur, GA. Formed in 2013, the firm provides clients with best-in-class utility management and community development consulting services. We add value through responsiveness; a focus on innovation; offering honest, respectful and well thought through advice; and high-end analytical services. We strive to stay sharp, monitor and set trends, and think outside the box to offer fresh ideas to our clients. We sweat the details, while keeping our eye on the strategic horizon. Above all, quality and integrity are the touchstones of Blue Cypress culture.
Employee Development – Our Philosophy
We believe in helping our employees align their energy with their passion. We believe in setting our employees up for success by providing a structure to develop their careers. We believe in mentorship that nurtures passion and challenges the intellect. We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit and are seeking a candidate with the same passion for making our company their own and changing the world. We support getting involved in community and trade organizations, attending career related training opportunities, and attending conferences to network, present and to learn.
Benefits of working with us
At Blue Cypress Consulting, we offer flexible work arrangements/schedules and strive to promote work/life balance. We utilize remote working tools such as screen sharing and professional conference calling equipment, as well as cloud file storage, enabling our consultants’ access to their team and data from any client site. We offer competitive paid-time-off, a retirement account matching program, and comprehensive healthcare plans.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The statements that follow are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
The Utility Management Consultant, under guidance from a Senior Consultant, will provide project management, strategic, and analytical support for core Blue Cypress contracts. This person will be expected to conduct assessments and analyses, plan new strategies, design new initiatives, and support implementation of new business practices, information management tools, etc.
Responsibilities may include:
- Consult regarding a broad range of best management practices with water, wastewater, and/or storm water utilities including asset management, information management, and maintenance management best practices.
- Work with senior consultants and client staff to perform business process/work method assessments, conduct project research/data collection, perform analyses, and generate reports.
- Plan, design, and implement operations and maintenance optimization and capital renewal strategies for water, wastewater, and/or stormwater for utilities.
- Perform analyses on large utility datasets such as: GIS, computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), Fats, Oil and Grease (FOG), condition inspection databases, capacity assessment/hydraulic modeling, etc.
- Perform services on-site or off-site to support client staff performing their day-to-day activities such as planning/scheduling, condition assessment, capacity assessment, contractor management, etc.
- Design and implement analytics and dashboard platforms
- Conduct business development
Minimum qualifications include:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm, professionalism, and creativity
- Must be detailed oriented, and able to prioritize, multitask, and organize complex projects.
- Degree in Engineering, or related discipline such as environmental science/management
- 5-10 years’ experience in the industry
- Strong interest in utility management / asset management consulting services
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
- Able to periodically travel to utilities across the region or country
- Willingness to learn and apply emerging analytical technologies and management consulting best practices
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with planning and implementation of infrastructure inspection and condition assessment programs and/or capacity assessment programs
- Planning and implementation of asset management strategies for utilities
- Planning and implementation of maintenance strategies for utilities
- Planning and implementation of capital renewal strategies for utilities
- Design and implementation of information management/decision support systems
- Database and GIS analysis
- Licensed professional engineer (PE) in State of Georgia
- Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Specialized applications (Access, Excel, PowerPivot, Visio, Project)
- ESRI ArcGIS Pro
- Understanding of industry software such as Azteca Cityworks, Lucity, Hansen/Infor IBM Maximo, Granite, etc.
- Understanding of data warehouse and business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $72,000.00 to $106,000.00 /year
- industry: 5 years (Required)
- GIS analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
- information management/decision support systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office and Specialized applications: 1 year (Preferred)
- maintenance strategies for utilities: 1 year (Preferred)
- capital renewal strategies for utilities: 1 year (Preferred)
- ESRI Arc GIS Pro: 1 year (Preferred)
- asset management strategies for utilities: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Do you have experience with any of the following industry software? Please specify: Azteca Cityworks, Lucity, Hansen/Infor IBM Maximo, Granite, Tableau, PowerBl, etc.