Job description and Task required
Resource: must have a minimum 2 years operations and maintenance experience with AVAYA (formerly NORTEL) PBX equipment (Option 11, Option 61, Option 81, or Communication Server 1000/1500/2000).
Resource shall perform telephone wiring and cabling, perform necessary PBX programming, move, install and remove telephones, modems, faxes, and other analog and digital telecommunication devices, respond to telecommunications service requests and trouble reports, and perform directory and service request database management.
Must be able to: Install and terminate telecommunications horizontal wiring in accordance with ANSI/TIA-568-C.2. Contractor shall install and terminate telephone horizontal wiring from the IDF to the telephone jack using, as a minimum, Enhanced Category 5 (Cat 5E) twisted pair cable. Contractor shall ensure all installations meet grounding/bonding standards as specified in ANSI/TIA-607-C.
* perform all necessary cross-connects at the MDF and IDF to provide telephone service to the customer at the telephone instrument.
* test all new installations for shorts, opens, or crosses.
* Program and install Avaya digital telephone instruments and shall be knowledgeable in the installation of Voice over IP (VOIP) telephones. program digital telephones using the government provided software (currently PhoneMaster) and/or Avaya PBX software, and install at the appropriate location in accordance with Service Requests. Response time for Service requests shall not exceed 5 working days from approval date.
* Perform necessary programming of the PBX for proper operation of all telephone extensions.
* Maintain service request/trouble tickets and update all service requests/trouble tickets with action taken via an online database also maintain electronic copies of all service requests/trouble tickets, maintain cable records, documenting all cross connects, terminations and terminal equipment.
* Due to the nature of the work the contracted technician must be able to work in small spaces, on ladders, overhead, underground tunnels, and areas not well lighted, and able to lift 50 lbs.
* Preform other job-related duties as assigned
Security: Resource must be able to obtain a “Moderate Risk security clearance”, which requires an interview and more. (this is not a DOD type security clearance)
Place of Performance: Boulder, CO
Start Date: Jan 1st 2020. Term: Minimum of 1 year with 4 option years.
Hours of Work: Hours will be Monday through Friday, except Federal Holidays, from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, with a half hour lunch. No overtime is authorized under this contract.
Resource shall attend all government provided training for safety and security.
Job Type: Contract
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Ops/Maint Nortel Legacy: 2 years (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)