Your Future Begins Here ~ Join the Lucky Friday Team!
Hecla Lucky Friday Mine is recruiting an individual who embraces advances in technology and who is looking for an opportunity to be part of a collaborative team.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of:
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - ELECTRICAL
The Electrical Engineer provides day to day technical and strategic asset management support to maintenance and operations teams across the physical assets of the Lucky Friday Mine. Works with the
Reliability Engineer on identification of equipment failure root causes and then on the permanent elimination or control of those root causes. Applies engineering concepts to assets and related systems to increase the reliability, maintainability, and availability of those assets and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Conduct engineering analyses and perform computer related functions such as drawings, spreadsheets, and database compilations.
- Maintain technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills for power distribution and instrumentation systems and components.
- Facilitate on-going maintenance of the power distribution switchgear, 5KV motors and their control systems.
- Perform calculations to ensure our systems meet the global safety standards and collaborating with technicians and computer programmers to solve emerging issues.
- Understand and monitor site adherence to electrical engineering codes and safety standards
- Manage Engineering Design consultants, including all process design activities associated with capital projects.
- Assist in tendering and awarding engineering design requirements.
- Provide design input to the engineering design consultants to ensure the design meets operating requirements and permitting requirements.
- Ensure the engineering design schedule is managed to meet the construction schedule requirements.
- Provide oversight for the construction and commissioning of all electrical projects and systems.
- E-TAP model management.
- Update one-line and prints.
- Ensure correct operating procedures are followed regarding safety, environmental, and project objectives.
- Ensure all mineral processing project aspects are carried out in a manner that will meet or exceed
Hecla values and vision.
- Implement project delivery systems and tools.
- Ensure compliance with all project management systems including document control integrity, contractor management, scope change control, provide oversight during commission, provide oversight for process equipment procurement, maintain project within approved scope, work closely with civil and mechanical capital project management to integrate engineering, design and construction activities and project administration.
- Develop or help develop standards and SOP’s as required by the site.
- Implement Operate for Reliability strategies in all aspects of work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS include :
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or a related field with a minimum of
2-3 years in a similar role, or a relevant Trade/Journeyman’s certificate with a minimum of 3-5 years in a similar role.
Experience in mining industry preferred, including a general knowledge of surface, underground and concentrator operations.
Must be computer literate and proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Experience with computerized maintenance management systems required.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website at www.hecla-mining.com for more information about Hecla and the Lucky Friday Mine.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location