- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Currently enrolled in Associate’s Degree in a STEM related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant
- Experience in one of the following languages: C++ or C#
- Interest in video games industry and video games related internship
By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations we hire for in the United States including, but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Austin, TX; Bay Area, CA; Bellevue, WA; Boston, MA; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Herndon, VA; Irvine, CA; New York, NY; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA. You may be considered for a role outside of Amazon Game Studios.
Amazon is all in on games.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us.
We are looking for future Amazon interns to join us for summer 2020. As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. Your team includes industry veterans of dozens of titles including Need for Speed, Call of Duty, Burnout Paradise, FarCry 4, Forza, Half Life 2, and Halo. Our interns will write real software to make games and partner with a select group of experienced software development engineers, who both help and challenge them as they work on gameplay experiences that matter to our players, viewers, and streamers.
You will be given the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of Amazon games under development. Working as a part of our game team in a highly collaborative environment, you'll own and deliver a project from one of the following areas:
- Design, prototype and fully implement a new gameplay system or game feature
- Create a reliable, scalable, and high-performance system or tool to enable gameplay experiences
In addition to an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians in both personal and professional development, expand your network, and take part in fun activities throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting. Many of our technologies overlap—you would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers.
If this excites you, come build the future with us.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates between May and September 2020. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting-edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use
- Enrolled in, or received a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in one or more object-orientated programming languages (C#, C++)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving skills and effective communication
- Experience in games industry
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.