Senior R&D Scientist – Single Cell Application
Universal Sequencing, a biotech startup headquartered in Canton, MA (~15 miles southwest of Boston) with a location in Carlsbad, CA, is looking for a highly talented Senior R&D Scientist for Single Cell Applications to join the team, located in Carlsbad, CA.* We are excited to be developing novel DNA Sequencing technology for the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms that enables many previously unachievable applications.
This incumbent will work closely with a team of molecular biologists, bioinformatics scientists, software engineers and manufacturing specialists to develop a revolutionary single cell sequencing technology. He/she will play a key role in the development and validation of the technology as well as the commercial launch of products. He/she will also interact with external collaborators and early access customers, as well as provide technical support.
The ideal candidate should have extensive cellular and molecular biology experience. He/she must have direct experience on cellular assay development and RNA manipulation; strong project management skills; ability to take initiative; effective verbal and written communication skills; and be an excellent team player. RNA-Seq, NGS library preparation, and sequencing data analysis skill under both Linux and Windows environment are desired; Molecular biology reagent kit development experience is a plus.
* we are only considering local candidates at this time
- Lead NGS based single cell sequencing assay and reagent kit development
- Establish product quality control assays for in-process & final product test and deliver well-characterized & robust processes to manufacture
- Design and execute experiments, and analyze data independently
- Support current product improvement and commercialization
- Interact with collaborators and customers to promote UST technology and products
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, cellular biology, biochemistry or related fields (M.Sc. with exceptional experience will be considered)
- Minimum 3-years of cellular assay development and gene expression profiling experience
- Immune repertoire sequencing or NGS HLA genotyping, or early tumor detection experience is a plus
- Product development experience is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- NGS: 2 years (Preferred)
- cellular assay development: 3 years (Required)
- gene expression profiling: 3 years (Preferred)