The Relief Valve Technician has the responsibility to repair, test, recondition, or modify the size or type of relief valve per American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors (NBIC), and American Petroleum Institute (API) codes as well as manufacturers specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain total awareness of customer and company policy regulations and procedures.
- Exhibit proficient performance of all valve repair procedures.
- Ability to understand valve manufacturers IOM’s.
- Understand and apply ASME, NBIC and API codes.
- Comply with PPV's Quality Control Manual.
- Teach/mentor apprentice-level VR technicians.
- Be aware of all company safety policies (Job Safety Analysis, Critical Job Reviews, safety observation, etc.) and procedures.
- Complete all paperwork and reports in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- At least one year experience conducting valve repair, testing, reconditioning or modification
- Proven ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Proven ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Able to lift at least 50lbs
Job Type: Full-time
Job Pay: Will be based on knowledge and experience
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma