Manager, Process Engineering
The Process Engineer is an essential member of Fisk Process Engineering Department responsible for ensuring that engineered systems are properly established and maintained for effective and efficient internal compliance and customer satisfaction. This position reports to the Manager, Process Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement structured solutions to improve product quality, throughput, and customer service in response to corrective actions
- Work closely with personnel at all levels to become a subject matter expert in departmental products and processes
- Engage and lead Lean Manufacturing activities focused on Visual Factory, streamlined material flow, waste reduction, and inventory minimization
- Generate and execute continuous improvement projects targeted to reduce waste, improve product quality, and reduce manufacturing cycle time
- Maintenance of documented standards systems for the department
- Utilization of the DMAIC process, 6Sigma toolset for problem solving
- Installing and maintaining system BOM’s & Routers for all products
- Support projects, as assigned, to help develop new products and/or processes aimed at increasing throughput and reducing cost
- Generate SOP’s for ISO compliance and other initiatives as required
- Engage in efforts to create and implement standard work practices on the manufacturing floor
- Engage in Lean initiatives that include Cellularization and driving quality-at-the-source
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or assigned by a manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience working with MRP systems; formal Lean and/or Six Sigma training
- Project Management training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Greenbelt or Blackbelt certification
- Experience in direct technical support role in a manufacturing environment
- Working experience in Lean Manufacturing principles, engaging with people at all levels of an organization
- Must exhibit passion for Lean Manufacturing and demonstrate mature understanding of key concepts and principles
- Display manufacturing leadership, working closely with supervisors and managers to directly support daily challenges
- Demonstrate clear and effective communication and presentation skills
- Individual should be a self-motivated, assertive thinker that can work effectively in a freely structured environment
The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties of the position.