Our team has been selected to build next-generation satellite payload and ground processing systems. We have an immediate need for innovative and passionate systems engineer leaders in Herndon, Virginia who have hardware systems development experience and want to develop space systems.
Our Innovative Air and Space Team is an agile and rapidly growing business within Jacobs that is leading the development of highly flexible Software-Defined Radios for multi-INT collection, processing, exploitation, and dissemination. Most of our team has been together for decades and we enjoy coming to work every day to create solutions for difficult problems. We have significant corporate investment, infrastructure, subject matter experts, support and strategic focus to enable you to be successful.
- Building next-generation RF instruments, from conceptual design through detailed design and fabrication.
- Focusing on rapid prototyping and development of sensors, radios, and on-board processing systems.
- Assisting in development of new concepts, white papers, proposals, and briefings.
- Possess a TS/SCI Clearance or held one recently. Clearance processing will be conducted by customer ‘s security team.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, astrophysics, math, or a related discipline.
- Experience with real-time hardware systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Clearance Requirement :
- Formal training in systems engineering.
- Domain expertise in one or more systems/subsystems/technologies.
- Experience with extremely high performance, wideband, tunable systems.
- Experience with radar, SIGINT, and/or communications systems.
TS/SCI. This position requires a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI). Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include, but are not limited to:
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification
- Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check
- Subject Interview
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .