Arya Engineering is seeking an Intermediate to Senior Geotechnical/Geological Engineer (based on the Sunshine Coast, BC) to join our growing company. Main offices are located in North Vancouver and the Sunshine Coast, servicing the Lower Mainland, Coastal British Columbia and island communities. Both primary offices provide technical and logistical support to satellite operations across Alberta and British Columbia, accommodating a broad range of technical and geographical opportunities for team members. Arya conducts engineering consulting, design, field and materials testing services throughout Western Canada and is engaged in residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructural related projects.
Manage and coordinate geotechnical engineering investigations, geotechnical hazard and risk assessments, laboratory programs and field-based materials testing activities;
- Conduct and guide engineering analyses and design for residential, commercial, infrastructural, and industrial projects, including foundation design, earth retention design, seismic analysis and design of geotechnical structures, slope stabilization and remediation;
- Schedule, assign and prioritize projects and project tasks for junior and intermediate team members; and,
- Generate proposals for public, private and commercial RFQ packages, and tender document preparation.
- Intelligent, energetic, and honest.
- Strong business acumen, desire for business development
- Personable and detail oriented.
- Degree in civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, or geological engineering, preferably with completion of advanced studies in geotechnical or geological engineering;
- P.Eng. designation or ability to obtain professional designation within 6 months of date of hire. P.Geo. designation an asset;
- Minimum 6 to 8 years related project experience with a focus on geotechnical hazards, including landslide hazard assessment (soil and rock stability), flood hazard assessment and design of stabilization/remedial measures, and application of mitigative and avoidance-based strategies.
- Knowledge of laboratory testing procedures and applications for soils, concrete and asphalt;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, management & leadership skills, methodical organization and general problem-solving proficiencies; and,
- Ability to work productively under minimal direct supervision, provide ongoing mentoring and technical support to junior and intermediate team members.
- Competitive benefits and renumeration package;
- Exposure to a wide variety of multifaceted geotechnical assessments and design projects;
- Significant potential for professional development, interorganizational growth and opportunity to assume a high-level responsibility with an expanding organization
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
Arya Engineering follows COVID-19 guidance as provided by the BC Ministry of Health
- Applicants should be either a Canadian citizen, resident or hold a valid working Visa
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Geotechnical Engineering: 6 years (preferred)